Dateline..Depression....please read!

iVillage Member
Dateline..Depression....please read!
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:45am
So yesterday I was talking to someone about depression and she said that I am always in "good humor." So if course I thought of ice cream (but seriously folks).....humor is actually a sign of depression. Well... the use of humor to mask your real take on the world. Wow, have I got a big mask (watch out Shaq!)! Anyway, yesterday I saw on TV the dude who did the "you know you are a redneck when..."

And today it came to me:

You know you are depressed when:

I want everyone down in the dumps or having a good day to contribute! You have to be able to summons up one chuckle for yourself and for the board. So you know....I am looking into the being a CL...so someday you will have to yeild to my suggestions officially (evil laugh!-----hahahahaha!).

OK here are mine:

You know you are depressed when:

1. Your biggest goal of the day is to clean the silverware in your sink, not the boat load of dishes.

2. When showers are something that only happens in April.

3. When you use love the fact that your meds make you drowsy, giving you an EXCUSE to stay in bed ALL day.

OK! Now yours....

I know some of you may not be able to do this. But if enough of us post, maybe one person who feels really bad may summons a smile. By the way, your face does not crack if you smile on a bad day, contrary to popular folk law.

I know we have awesome funny ladies here...no worries if you can't think of any. Repeat your take on the shower one...lord know enough of us have confessed to that one. (lol). I can't wait to see them all! Thanks! Lisa-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:43pm
hehe thanks Lisa!

heres mine...

You know you are depressed when..

You finally clean your dining room table in May and find the Christmas tablecloth ..

You tell your son that everyone wears shorts in Feb {cause you havent done the laundry}..

*hugs and *smile

Caly

*hugs             

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:07pm
You know you are depresses when:

1. You actually do your taxes to distract you from the other bad stuff in your life.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:27pm
Awesome idea...and who knows, we should publish a book from this!

You know you're depressed when you can't decide where the biggest clutter is--in your room, your car, or your mind!

Trixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:15pm
Lisa you totally crack me up. One would have to be really depressed for the tax thing to be true.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:55pm
LOL tooooo cute!

Great idea!

You know u are depressed when.......

The Kleenix company calls to advise u of a special discount offered to those who buy in bulk.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:07pm
Girls, you all crack me up. I think this should be a permanant fixture on the depression board....where's on of the CLs???? AHH! Anyway, keep up the humorous work!

Trixie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:24am
Hey Trixie Im here! hehee

I posted a reply its number 2 *grin.. I agree I think this is a GREAT feature for the board and we should keep it going..

*hugs all and kudos to Lisa for starting it!!!

Caly

*hugs