Yay, it's Friday! Let's party!

iVillage Member
Yay, it's Friday! Let's party!
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 9:17am

Well, I'm a little too busy to have a party in real life, so a virtual one is the solution. Bring your treats (no calories, thank goodness) and have some fun!

What are you doing this weekend, gals? (And if you read this next week, tell us what you did 'cause we like to chat!)

Today is a major day to pack and be sure that boxes are going to be in the most convenient place for loading the rental truck we get Saturday afternoon. The realtor told us last night that we should have the keys today, not Saturday at noon as we'd expected, so that gets us access to our new place sooner, but we're not likely to be making many trips there with just our F150 and the car to load up. (Besides which, it's supposed to rain all Saturday, so unless Hubby wants to buy tarps for the drive and rush boxes in so they don't get soggy, that big truck is a necessity.)

We think we may have Internet access all day Saturday, but since the switchover with our phone company hasn't been as simple so far as we hoped, I'm not counting on being able to check in here and at FB till the very last minute. ;) Still, if all goes perfectly, we'll have our new phone number sometime Sunday and maybe a day or two more for the Internet. (We're forewarned two days, anyway, but I think that since a tech has to come to the house for the phone line, he'll probably be able to handle DSL at the same time...)

I'm so excited to leave this rental behind and move on to the next phase - being a homeowner! We got a walkthrough of the house yesterday after Hubby was done work, and it's completely cleaned out and ready for our furniture to fill it up. While Hubby and the realtor checked out the basement, Tim and I stayed away from the steep stairs and instead checked out the kitchen cupboard space. I was smiling like crazy, especially when I noticed the oven is self-cleaning. ;) It was such a quick visit that I didn't even pull out my camera, but once we get those keys, our first business inside will be to document before anything comes in. (Then once we have Internet again, I'll upload photos to my website for friends and family to see.)

*Passing around pumpkin pie, cookies and zucchini loaf...*

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 12:20pm

I work this weekend....as usual. Tomorrow I open so I will be off by noon. I bake a couple of oatmeal cakes last week that I just pulled out of the freezer and all I need to do is frost them and I am taking them to a neighboring church that will be having

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 11:32pm

Ooh, that sounds like great snacks! We'll find another table if we start to run out of room. ;)

Hope your weekend is a good one!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com