9 month prenatal update

iVillage Member
9 month prenatal update
Thu, 11-05-2009 - 10:26pm

Tuesday was my first appointment at the maternity clinic rather than with the regular old family doctor. I would have had to switch for 37 weeks, but the timing of our move to the new house meant that it happened one week early.

The clinic is actually located on the second floor of the hospital, which is under renovations - lots of fun figuring out where to go. In fact, I took an elevator that skipped the second floor, so I had to go down one floor in another elevator. (I had Tim in a stroller because the parking at the hospital always seems to suck when I get there. I would never have been able to walk slow enough with him or carry him. As it was, I was desperate to get to a bathroom to give my sample...)

The doc was running a bit late (which was okay when I was in the waiting room with an old school acquaintance) and had a lot of things to cover with my being a first-timer at the clinic. Then there was all the emphasis on my getting the H1N1 vaccination as soon as possible. Checking blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat seemed like an afterthought rather than the main thing as it's been with my previous appts.

Everything is well, though, with Baby head down as he/she has been for at least four weeks. (Also feels like Baby has dropped, partly because of my shape and partly the fact that my pelvic area is now quite sore).

I have Monday appts booked for the rest of the month. The doc didn't actually ask me if I've had any recent complaints, so with all the info and handouts she was giving me, I completely forgot to mention that in the last week and a half, I've had times when it feels like my lower back is seizing up (making it painful to walk or stand). At least it isn't long till the next checkup! And I'm sure if I have something very serious, a call to the clinic or the maternity ward will cover any concerns.

As for the vaccination, before I left they booked me to go to the fertility clinic on Wednesday (rather than stand in line at the public clinic at the arena). I got both H1N1 and seasonal, so now I just need to go to Monday afternoon's public clinic with Tim. Not sure when Guru fits into the priority list. Should ask at my next prenatal appt!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 4:18pm

Thanks for the update Becca!!!! Sounda like the little peanut if just about ready to come on out. When is your due date again???

Photobucket

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketcf6.png image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 6:06pm
Dec. 1st, though from the last ultrasound this doc said Nov. 30. I say that's hardly any difference at all, so it doesn't change my mental preparation of "any time in November and into the first week of December" for the arrival.

Community Leader
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 10:30pm

Wow Becca! You are so close! How are things going with the new home? How is Tim adjusting?

I can't to find out if Tim is going to have a baby sister or brother! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 11:04pm

I actually think Tim's had a bit of a rough time in the past week or so because of all the busyness. Getting quite grumpy and into everything! Sure, could just be "terrible twos" but I do want to keep in mind that adults adjust to housing changes easier than toddlers...

We're getting rid of more and more boxes, or sorting and sending them down to the basement. Apparently there's still a lot of room down there, so I'll see if Hubby will have time to take my spring and summer clothes down there as well. Today it was mostly Tim's extra toys and clothes - so many for one little kidlet! ;)

Community Leader
Sun, 11-08-2009 - 9:07pm

Tim has had quite a change and another on the way! My children have always gone through the terrible 3s! LOL! Sounds like you are getting quite a bit accomplished! Kidlets do come with a ton of stuff!! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-12-2009 - 4:09pm

You are getting so close, could be any day now! Were you early, late, or on time with Tim?

Glad you are getting things done with the house!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-12-2009 - 11:39pm

I was right on time with Tim: my water broke on the due date and he was born the next day!

I'm getting a bit more achy the last couple days, feels like some practice contractions too. And I didn't sleep well last night... More signs of impending labour? ;)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 3:52pm
a bit late on this but wanted to mention about your lower back, is it off to one side or the other?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 8:49pm
It's pretty even, with my whole lower back affected. And now my tailbone is really sore. Ah well, it'll be over soon. :)