Curiosity killed the cat...

iVillage Member
Curiosity killed the cat...
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 7:08pm

... and (so the saying goes) satisfaction brought him back!

So, this could be a personal matter you don't feel like discussing, but I'm just wondering how many of us have been vaccinated for either H1N1 or seasonal flu, or plan to do so when they can.

At the start of the month, I began going to the maternity clinic at the hospital and was urged to get the vaccine the next day at another obstretics clinic in town. Basically, it was "You're getting it, choose your time to come in." So, I got both flu shots right away.

Last week (since I'm down to weekly appts now) I was told my whole family needed to be vaccinated to protect the baby, since they won't do the flu shots for those younger than 6 months... I got Tim and Hubby on a waiting list at the local medical clinic in the same phone call that had us registered as patients of the newest doctor in town.

There was a public clinic in my hometown yesterday, so I took Tim there, got him both shots (eligible again because of the baby) and then had a short visit with my parents to take advantage of being closer to them. Since he's under 3, they're currently saying he needs another dose in 3 weeks.

Now it's just down to Hubby. Not sure if he'll go to a public clinic on Thursday or wait till the doctor's office calls us...

I know some folks think vaccination is overrated and the short-term side effects aren't worth it, or suspect that there could be long-term effects we don't know about, but I've always gone with the assumption and hope that our healthcare professionals know what they're doing and are acting in our best interest. I hope I never experience a reason to change my mind...

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Community Leader
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 7:20pm

We haven't been vaccinated for either flu shot. We have decided against getting them.

I totally understand why they want family members to get vaccinated when there is going to be an infant in the home. I would get one then! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 11:33pm

I was got the seasonal flu shot.

Nicole(sig showcase)

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketcfb7.png image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 3:27pm
I got the seasonal one after my surgery last month while still in the hospital, and the both kids have gotten it and I hope DH got it this weekend at drill.
Photobucket