Computer probs, again!

iVillage Member
Computer probs, again!
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 12:48am

On the weekend, my computer kept rebooting rather than load Windows. I backed up the data and then it started working again. Oy.

Tonight, the DVD burner is no longer writing. *Sigh* In case it's not hardware-related, I'm doing a Windows reinstall. Still have the desktop, but I wanted to let you all know there's a chance this task will keep me busy.

Also, I'm starting to feel crampy and achy. This after the doc told me this morning that labour could be "any time now." Power of suggestion or good prediction? We shall see!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 7:15am

Got 3 hrs of sleep and then felt too sore and awake, so I started playing with the Windows reinstall to get things the way I want them. I haven't tested the DVD burner yet.

I should really try to sleep more and/or plan for a nap. At this point, I'm thinking I'll postpone a planned drive back to my hometown for errands and lunch with the parents...

Community Leader
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 12:01pm

I hope you were able to get a nap in! How are you feeling now?

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 10:46pm
No nap today, so I'll probably fall asleep early while the TV's on. LOL Feeling good all day, though. :)

Community Leader
Wed, 11-25-2009 - 11:32am

So glad you felt good all day yesterday! I hope that continues today! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-25-2009 - 2:35pm

Well, I wouldn't mind icky or in pain if it meant my body was preparing for labour. ;)

I was nauseous last night and didn't feel like a snack, plus I was right about falling asleep on the couch. LOL

I took a nap this morning because Tim started waking at 4 am and asking for "Dada," who didn't seem to hear. I warned him that next time Tim keeps waking and won't be soothed easily by me, I'm just going to get him up because Tim needs him. ;) As it was, I was up and down at least 4 times, making sure the kidlet had enough blankets and saying "It's night-night time" as Hubby does...

Community Leader
Wed, 11-25-2009 - 4:03pm

Yay for a nap! I would wake DH up too if the little one needed him! :)

I hope the time is soon for that little one to arrive! I can't wait to hear whether Tim has a baby brother or sister! Take care of you!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 4:22pm
I hope you get your computer all fixed up before baby comes. I checked in today to see if you had gone into labor yet! ~~~~ Easy Labor Vibes!~~~

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 5:17pm

Seems to be doing well, so maybe some system files were corrupted and wiping it all out fixed that.

Still waiting...

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-28-2009 - 12:33am
okay, so no baby yet?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-28-2009 - 6:52am

Nope, but each day since the doc checked me last Monday, I've had some practice contractions. She must have stirred something up. ;)

And I'm up way too early this morning because I was uncomfortable in bed and then started worrying about what will happen if I go into labour today - the in-laws are taking the kidlet and the dog, but they phoned last night to say they're doing some shopping in Colville, WA and so they won't be available for much of Saturday. Great timing, though of course we can't guarantee they should stay put either.

My parents can take Tim with no problem, but I'm not comfortable with them having the dog and I'm sure Hubby won't be - not only do my parents have a cat who could likely try to maim our poor doggy, but they also don't do indoor pets and that's what he is...

I keep trying to tell myself that everything will be fine and there's a good chance today will be just another ordinary day, but it's not making me sleepy. ;) Hence the time online in hopes of tiring my brain out!