Prayers For Murdered Police Officers

iVillage Member
Prayers For Murdered Police Officers
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 4:06pm

Photobucket

Yesterday(Sunday) morning Lakewood Police(Washington State) lost 4 of their police officers. They were murdered. The four officers were sitting in a local coffee shop ready to start their shifts. They were in full uniform with bullet proof vests and marked patrol cars outside. They were working on their laptops. Maurice Clemmons walked into the coffee shop and MURDERED all four police officers.

Please keep the Lakewood Police Department as well as all other police departments, the families and the community in your prayers.

Here is a link to a local news article:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-officers-shot-78089882.html

Here is a picture of the four murdered officers:

Sgt. Mark Renninger, Officer Tina Griswold, Officer Greg Richards and Officer Ronald Owen.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 5:58pm
I'll be praying for their families. It's hard to lose someone at any time of the year, but near the holidays seems even worse.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 9:17pm
so very sad, and what a horrible waste.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 1:43am

Oh my, I had not heard about this. I am praying for their families, friends, fellow officers and the community!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 11:18am

Heard on the radio this morning that a suspect was caught and killed in a shootout. (I might have the details wrong, despite how few were given...)

I hope it provides a little bit of closure for the families.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com