Police Officer Shooting Update

iVillage Member
Police Officer Shooting Update
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 1:36pm

The suspect in the slaining of 4 Lakewood(Washington State) Police Officers was shot and killed by a Seattle Police Officer. The police officer was on routine patrol and saw a car on the side of the road with the hood up and the passenger door open, the car was running. The officer ran the plate and found the car was stolen. The officer went to investigate and the car was empty. The officer saw someone move behind him and it was Maurice Clemmons(the suspect). He had his hands behind his back and the officer asked to see his hands. Clemmons took off running while reaching for a gun and the Seattle Police Officer shot and killed him. They have arrested 6 people so far for being accomplises for helping Clemmons flea and hide from police. They found one of the slain officers guns on Clemmons after he was killed.

Please continue to keep the families and fellow officers in your prayers.

Heather(butterfly746)

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketcf8.png image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 2:30pm

Thanks for the update, Jen. There was a quick mention of the capture on our local radio station yesterday morning, but very few details.

And, of course, more prayers going out for the families.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 3:40pm

Thanks Becca. You know I post stuff like this and wonder if anyone really cares.....but praying is what we are suppose to be about, that is why I post stuff like this. It is a HUGE tragedy for our state. We have now had 5 police officer ambushed and murdered in cold blood in the last 30 days. Not just out doing their jobs and something bad happened, they were hunted down and murdered. Sorry, I am very passionate about stuff like this being a former firefighter.

Heather(butterfly746)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 5:01pm
I don't think you need to apologise at all. I don't understand it when people don't show respect for the police and other emergency personnel.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 5:38pm

Thanks Becca

Joelle(mrsmoejoe)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 10:34pm
oh Thank God that last police officer wasn't shot as well!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 1:31am
Thanks, Jen. I am very concerned also, my husband is a police officer!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 3:34pm

Oh My Brenda. I don't remember you telling me that your DH was an officer. Please tell him I say thank you for his service to his community and I am praying for his safety!!! :D

Anne

Photobucket