Need a little injection of joy today

iVillage Member
Need a little injection of joy today
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 2:05pm

I seem to be a bit more susceptible to frustration this morning. And I haven't really had the baby blues, so I hope the three-week mark isn't an unreasonable time to shed a few tears.

I've got my dream of motherhood and feel like the family is just the right size (with such a cozy house that wasn't expected this year) but I'm stupidly hanging on to this desire to have everything under my control. I try to plan a nap when that's probably pretty unreasonable with a newborn (though in the first week it wasn't bad at all), want him to be sleeping alone easily already and wish that I'd prepared for Christmas before he was born.

There's certainly nothing wrong with letting this be my husband's time to shine. I gotta stop feeling I should have done all the shopping and got the stocking stuffers - what do you give a toddler and a newborn, anyway?! - and just relax. Take the day as it comes, nap if an opportunity arises (which it usually does) and just count my blessings! I've been way less stressed than when Tim came along, but Christmas did sneak up on me this time... It's just in the past couple days that I've cared 'cause before that, Christmas seemed far away and there was plenty of time to get all the trappings.

Okay, deep breath here. Hubby's got things under control. I should be able to do some grocery shopping tomorrow and fetch the apple pie, but I think otherwise we're good to go. Tree went up last night and is partially decorated. I can always buy a gift card if I don't have time to make the last homemade gift for my family. And there's not much to do about a newborn who wants to sleep in someone's arms rather than his cradle, so I just have to "roll with it"!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 3:23pm

Feeling better already. Yay!

Ben's been in his bed for almost an hour and although I didn't really sleep, I got to rest a bit and have lunch with both hands free. Also counting my blessings that Hubby's off work next week, so we get some family time. Should be more relaxing and I've got a book to finish. :D

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 3:37pm

Great BIG GIANT HUGS Miss Becca -

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 10:17pm

I am so glad you are feeling better! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and family time next week. My dh is on vacation next week too!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 3:08pm

I have to admit that life often seems too busy for more than a quick thought sent upward, but yesterday's hormone trip forced me to make the time. One of the things I asked to be rid of is the expectation that I can handle all the housework and such right away.

I'd told myself before Ben's birth that I wouldn't have the same routine, or any, for a while and that I'd be better this time at letting Hubby help with it all - and yet I still find myself feeling overwhelmed at points by how little can be accomplished. Some days are better than others that way because Ben's not always demanding to be held, but when he does, I'm not great at just doing that without worrying about dishes, laundry, errands, etc. I'm hoping much of the stress I've put on myself will fade after the holidays. I'll enjoy Hubby being home for a week and just take the New Year as it comes. I do want to get out to a mum and baby group a couple Thursdays a month, do the grocery shopping from time to time and have clean clothes; but other than that, I need to let it go already!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 10:59pm
(((HUGS))) Becca. I know it's hard when you can't be in control of everything you want to be. Hang in there!

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket