Prayers please

iVillage Member
Prayers please
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 6:47pm

My dad went to the hospital today after three days of flu-like symptoms. Turns out he has a bowel obstruction and may need surgery - CT scan will determine that, I believe.

One of my sisters is a nurse and she was the one who called with the details. Sounds like he's been through this before - maybe at the same time as the surgery to remove a stomach aneurysm, seven years ago - and she said he's really worried. Hopefully the pain meds and knowledgeable docs will put his mind at ease.

I'm trying not to stress as I wait for an update. I pray this will be an easily treatable case for the docs and nurses, and that the reminder of mortality will finally bring my dad to a relationship with God. (Positive thinking here!)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 8:09pm

Photobucket

Dear Jesus -

I come to you right now asking for prayer for Becca's dad. Please give him comfort and take the pain away. Lord take away the bowel obsturction and let everything flow smoothly. Lord be with the medical staff as they work with Becca's dad and the family. Lord also be with Becca and keep her calm and help her to not to stress. In Jesus Name AMEN!

Anne

Proud Community Leader of:
Christian Bookshelf & Christian Families

birthdayjesus.gif image by chickofgrace

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketcf8.png image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 9:02pm

Praying for your Dad, doctors, nurses, you and your family! Hugs!!!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 9:20pm
I am so sorry Becca, I know how scary it is when your parents are having health problems. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 8:11pm
I am so sorry Becca, Jen had a good prayer, I am just going to use her prayer!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 10:33pm

Thanks for the prayers and hugs. :)

I was at the hospital briefly today at 3 and that's when the doc came by to discuss the CT scan from this morning. Scar tissue from his aneurysm-removal surgery 7 years ago caused the blockage. The doc recommended surgery to fix this new problem and it was done at 4. He's still in recovery and Mum should soon be on her way to see him again - she's staying temporarily with one of my sisters, who has a large house within a half-hour's drive. (And said sister is a nurse at the hospital.)

Hopefully we'll be able to visit tomorrow for a bit - the roads are getting slippery and snowy tonight but maybe by midday the conditions will have improved some.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 12:37pm

Becca -

Thanks for the update on your dad. I am going to be praying for a speedy recovery!!!! I am also praying for your mom and your family!! I love ya girlie.

Muriel

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 3:40pm

Lots of love back! :)

Mum called me from Sis' house before they went back to the hospital in the evening, so I got to hear an additional tidbit - apparently Dad was "chatting it up" in recovery before Sis' nursing shift ended at 7. That was a definite relief after how quiet he'd been when I saw him before.

Haven't checked with Hubby yet to see if he'll lend his superior driving experience (in all seasons, not just winter LOL) and get our little family over to the hospital for the start of visiting hours (2 o'clock). Might just be Ben and me going. After several disruptions due to holidays and such, we need to have our usual bedtime routine for Tim tonight (including baths for both kids), so I'd like to make use of the afternoon while not snubbing my parents. ;)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 3:55pm

That is so awesome that dad is doing well in recovery!!! Still praying sister.

Muriel

Photobucket

Community Leader
Tue, 12-29-2009 - 9:59pm

I am so glad to hear that your Dad is recovering well. I am praying for complete healing! I hope you were able to go visit today.

I can relate to needing to get back on schedule. I feel the same way here. Two tired twins and one tired Mommy!

Keep us updated on how things are going!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket