Weekend plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend plans?
Sat, 01-09-2010 - 11:28am

What are you doing this weekend? Hope you're warm and comfy whatever you do!

So far it looks like a quiet weekend here. Hubby plans to organise the garage a bit and I just want to get in more reading time. :) There's also a chat with Katie MacAlister that I'd like to attend for a bit - she's getting rid of some old books and I might just win one! :)

And I see on Facebook that Jen is at a wrestling tournament, so I bet she's having a blast. :D

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-10-2010 - 6:34am

Well, Saturday turned out to be relaxing at a few points, but overall too stressful.

Ben was a mystery to me in the morning when he wouldn't sleep and I didn't know what he wanted, and then it turned out that Hubby hadn't told me that he would be busy Sunday, so he was basically waiting around for me to choose something interesting to do as a family.

By the time I found out, since he appeared to be expecting to be a mind-reader (insert eyeroll here), the day was mostly gone. And he kept insisting that I had to attend the chat even though I told him it wasn't that important compared to spending time with him.

The chat itself was fun but chaotic - more people responded to Katie's newsletter announcement than she expected, so her quick Q&A session lasted much longer than she wished and all the chatter in between made it difficult to keep track of everything. The fun part was the voice chat at the same time because it was Katie and the group of regular forum members. I got a behind-the-scenes listen at the attempt to organise the Q&A, as well as lots of humourous moments as we commented on people's questions or other talk.

By the time Katie drew random numbers for a book giveaway after the questions, I was tired and wanted to help Hubby make supper (which he wouldn't let me do, even though he was having trouble following a poorly written recipe for a dish I wanted to have). So there I was with a husband pretty much ignoring me, and we'd forgotten to give Tim an afternoon snack, so he became extremely grumpy and started to hit me when I had to tell him to stop playing with a couple things (including the coffee table that's getting a bit unstable with a loose leg). Eventually I made him a snack-like dinner before the main dish was ready (which works out because he seems to despise most dinner ideas and just picks at his food or plays with it, then loads up on breakfast the next morning).

It was too late to fit in bathtime for the boys, so unless we happen to go out for Sunday dinner, I've got to do that tonight! Hubby started storytime while I was on the phone with my parents (and feeding Ben), but thankfully I got a few minutes with just Tim and me cuddled up in the rocking chair. After that, it was a lot better with Hubby and I both relaxing with TV shows while we waited for Ben to give in to bedtime.

Whew! After all that, I don't want to do much with my Sunday, but there are dishes piled up and I should prepare the filling for stuffed peppers. If I get my way and we go out for supper, I'll just freeze the filling for another night...

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-10-2010 - 10:48pm

yum, stuffed peppers sound good!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 10:56am

We had a pretty eventful weekend. Friday night DH tried to stay on night schedule and tried to make me stay up too. I fell asleep on the couch. LOL! Saturday was Z & B's birthday, so there were presents, a trip to the store, dinner out (Chinese) of their choice and bible study. Yesterday we went to church and over my friends house for lunch. It was a great weekend!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 5:50pm

Saturday night was bacon potato mash, or as we're going to call it now, "heart attack in a casserole dish" (heart attack for short). LOL

Sunday I had planned to do the stuffed peppers but still hoped we'd go out. And we did! Once Hubby came back from the office, he wondered if I wanted to go anywhere, and I was ready to get out of the house (will talk about that below). We didn't find the curtains we were looking for (and might need to have them made for us) but when we were done investigating our window options, Hubby didn't drive home, he went to the new burger joint I wanted to visit. So yummy! :) We still had plenty of time afterward for bathtime and storytime, so that was good to have our routine as well as the outing.

As for the earlier part of the day, it wasn't as relaxing as I'd hoped. There were a lot of dishes for one thing, so it took a long time with interruptions to tend to both boys, and Tim had problems with parental authority for another... Not long before Hubby came home, Ben had trouble falling asleep when he was tired - he'd had little sleep in the morning, so he'd gotten to the overtired stage and was uncharacteristically grumpy and noisy. I ended up getting us all into the car for the short ride to the grocery store, where we bought a single item. LOL

Ah well, the day ended great - we watched a couple episodes of Night Court (season 2) and then Princess Diaries. :D