Happy Friday!

iVillage Member
Happy Friday!
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 10:36am

What are your plans for the day? And the weekend?

I need to call a repairman for our fridge 'cause the freezer ices up about every week and a half, leaving no cold air to go down to the fridge. We lost a lot of food the first time and I'm not looking forward to putting everything in coolers again.

Other than that, good stuff for Friday, provided it works out with the repair visit - BOTM to pick up at the library, fruit to buy at the grocery store, a bit of laundry and catching up on last night's episode of Bones. :D

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 10:47am

Happy Friday, Becca! I hope that repairman comes on time and fixes the problem correctly!

Today I am hanging out on the boards while DH naps. Then we are hitting the grocery store and packing him and ds for their snow camp trip with the Cub Scouts this weekend. Dh is dropping me off to pick up my Dad's truck so I have transportation while they are gone. DD is having her friend spend the night. I am hoping to get a little reading in and possibly a chick flick tonight.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!! =)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 12:45pm

Ooh, I want your evening! I'd postpone Bones for chick flicks and some me time. LOL

Repairman should be here within a half hour, and he thinks that it's just a $55 part, with a total repair estimate of $140. He also said our fridge should have about 10 years left in its life, so that removes my worry that we'll have to shop for a new one.

I'm boiling water for a fresh pot of tea and Ben might be ready for his first nap of the day. He almost did it with just the soother and me holding him without rocking, but he woke up after 10 mins and wanted me. (Not sure if I made too much noise starting dishes or if he was just going to wake anyway like he often does with daytime sleeping.)

Will be checking in throughout the day as time allows!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 1:43pm

So glad to hear the cost isn't too astronomical and that the fridge has lots of life left in it. We are shopping for a new one and what a pain. There are so expensive and too many choices. LOL!

I hope that Ben gets a good nap in today and you get some 'me' time!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 3:05pm

Ben napped most of the time the repair guy was here and then I decided to get us to the library before lunch. He's awake now from that outing. Hopefully we'll have some alert time this afternoon so he gets to bed at a good hour.

The repairs were a bit more expensive because two parts were gone, but not as much as you're facing. I wish you well in finding just the right appliance for your needs, and a deal on it, too!

I forgot to answer my own question about the weekend. Doh! Not sure what's happening tomorrow - maybe a trip to Wal-Mart or the mall for a couple household items? - but I do know that Sunday morning is our chance to be part of the crowd cheering as the Olympic Torch Relay comes through town. :D Hopefully the weather cooperates for MIL to drive here and join us. (FIL's working day shift or he'd drive her in almost any weather.) And I plan to read whenever Ben eats 'cause that's adding up to good reading time. :D

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 5:46pm

I've been running kids around to classes all day. I am getting a cold so I will probably take it easy the rest of the day.

My DS12 wants to go to the snow tomorrow but I'm not sure if I will be up to it. It has been raining here for days, we are getting hit by the big storm.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 6:50pm

Sorry to hear the repair was a bit more expensive than expected! I hope you get out tomorrow for a bit. How exciting to be cheering on the Olympic Torch Relay!

Reading while Ben eats is a great idea!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 6:51pm

Boo to a cold and the rain!!!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 9:22pm

A little late, but that is okay. I worked today from 730-1100. I then had to go to the school district office about 35 mintues away to get fingerprinted for the volunteer coaching job I have been doing for the last 2 months. Better late than never....right. LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 9:23pm

Did the repair man ever show up and fix the freezer issue Becca?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 9:25pm

Sounds like a good Friday Angie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages