My mum could use your prayers today

iVillage Member
My mum could use your prayers today
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:18am

This is the first year Mum won't be celebrating her mum's birthday with a gift and phone call. Grandma died last June. Now Mum has something else in common with Dad - neither one has living parents. (Dad's mum died when he was 17 and his dad died in '87 while Mum's dad died in 2008.) *Sigh*

I'll try not to think about it today, but prayers are appreciated. :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:20am

Praying for you Mum and for you! The first anniversaries are always so difficult. May your memories be good ones and you feel God's love and peace surrounding you!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 1:28pm

Of course I will be praying for you Mum Becca!!! Those days are really hard, they do get easier with time, but they are still hard!!! HUGS to your mum for us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 10:04pm
Oh, your poor mum. I will pray for her.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 10:34pm

The rest of my day was good 'cause I decided brooding was useless. ;) I remembered that Grandma liked Robbie Burns and meant to research the poet since it also happened to be Robbie Burns Day. I think in future years, that's what I'll focus on - the connection with one of Grandma's interests. :)

I would have called my mum to chat and make sure she wasn't having a bad day, but our phone was out - again. I ended up making a visit today, though, and she seemed in good spirits. :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com