Did you watch the Olympic opening cer...

iVillage Member
Did you watch the Olympic opening cer...
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 10:59am

Did you watch the Olympic opening ceremony?

• Yes
  • No
  • Some of it

You will not be able to change your vote.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 11:13am

Hubby hangs out at JokersUpdates.com, a site where folks talk mainly about their favourite TV shows (and I think it started out as a Big Brother update, hence the name). By the time I'd given the boys their baths, he'd read several comments about the pre-ceremony show giving them a great impression of Canada, especially the landscape. My ordinarily-won't-go-near-awards-or-Olympics-ceremonies husband just had to tune in. LOL

He did start getting bored 2 hours in, but he didn't say so. I was good until the indoor torch lighting had finished, then found the wait for the outdoor one to be a little long. Still, I'm glad I witnessed it because it was great to see how they showed off the country in so many ways throughout the ceremony. :)

I also thought the duet with Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams was good. :) Of course, that opening sequence with the skier was pretty hard to beat. ;) (We liked how you could hear pride and excitement in the announcer's voice when saying "Calgary" for the '88 Olympics. LOL)

Come visit my blog and see my photos!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 7:32am

I wanted to watch it but I don't remember why I wasn't able to....oh wait. I think it was on the same time I was coming back from the regional wrestling tourney.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket