Sermon Sunday

iVillage Member
Sermon Sunday
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 4:37pm
How was church today? What did your pastor choose for a topic? Anything interesting happening with your church family in the next week or month?

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Come visit my blog and see my photos!

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 4:48pm

I took the boys to church today after we'd already had some outside time in the backyard. Tim really loves the time in the nursery, but getting him to take the walk was a little tough because he didn't want to leave the fun he'd already been having, plus he didn't seem to believe me that we couldn't go to the school for our play. (It's right across from the church and is the site of a playgroup on weekdays.)

I was upstairs with the adults until Sunday School time, which should have coincided with feeding Ben. I walked downstairs with Tim and the pastor's wife (Nyla) and intended to go back up after Ben ate. He only wanted to look at me and smile at first, so I watched Tim play and chatted with Nyla. Then Ben ate, burped, ate some more and finally wanted to fall asleep in my arms. By that time, the service was done upstairs!

Ah well, as time goes along, I'm sure it'll be easier to have both boys in the nursery so I can learn from the pastor's message. As it is, I loved the singing, especially when we got to a song I knew: "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever." :)

Community Leader
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 5:12pm

The sermon today was about the three things God expects from us.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 5:14pm
That topic reminds me of another song: "But to live justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God..." Very nice to sing. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:02am

Today was about God's promises, based on Joshua 6, when Joshua leads the people of Isreal to take the city of Jerico.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:03am
Hey Angie, my son quoted that verse word perfect for his Awana Bible Quizzing this weekend! Micah 6:8, awesome verse!
Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:52am
Awesome!

Photobucket