SPO: Nicknames in your family?

iVillage Member
SPO: Nicknames in your family?
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 10:44pm
What nickname do you like for yourself? Any you can't stand? What nicknames do you use for your family members?

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Come visit my blog and see my photos!

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 10:52pm

I like to be called Becca (though I'm also a big fan of my full name) and I can't stand it when my parents and sisters use Becky (which means family friends and extended relatives will as well - grrr).

For the boys, we usually just use Tim and Ben, but on occasion I've said Timmy or Benny. ("Benny Ben Ben" seems to flow when I'm being silly.)

Hubby always goes by Brad, but at Katie MacAlister's message board - where odd spousal nicknames are the norm - I refer to him as Guru, since he's my computer guru and always seems to know more about math, science, the way the world works, etc. So far I've never called him that in person. ;) If it pops up here, don't be surprised... :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 1:51am

Good question, Becca!

My nickname is Bren, which I like a lot. Aidan doesn't really have a nickname, it's kinda hard to shorten Aidan. When he was little, we called him Bubba for years. Keely's nicknames are Keeks and Keels, Cedric's are Ced or Cedrico. Chance goes by his

Community Leader
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:49am

My nickname is Angie or Sis.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 5:48pm
Bones? Does he remind you of the Star Trek character? ;)

Community Leader
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 8:46pm
LOL! Nope!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 1:12pm

Okay, okay, okay.....can I get on my soap box here......LOL

My legal name that is on my birth certificate is Jenny Jo. If you call me Jennifer I WILL NOT ANSWER YOU!!!!! People assume that since I go by Jen, that I am a Jennifer. NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!! LOL

Now that I have that off my chest....LOL I go by Jen to 98% of the world. My family and old friend that have

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 2:21pm
That's gotta be annoying. I spent a year or so trying to ignore my family when they called me Becky, but the response is hard to fight since that's what they've always used. No one paid much attention to the 5-year-old Rebecca who asked to be called by her full name... Becca is a bit of a compromise, my choice of nickname, and my mum tries to go by my wishes. Dad, however, says that since he chose my name, he gets to call me whatever he wants. He's also of the opinion that a person should be glad to have a nickname because it shows affection. Sure, whatever. ;)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:55pm

Wow, Jen, that's a new one! I can see why it would be annoying.

DH gets ticked when people ask if Chance is his REAL name, since it's his middle name. Yes, it's his real name, it's just his middle name.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 8:02pm

Brenda = Yeah that has to be annoying for your hubby.

Brianna(bribug)

Photobucket

Photobucket