Loss of a Friend....prayer Please

iVillage Member
Loss of a Friend....prayer Please
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 2:36am

On Monday evening a dear brother in Christ passed away after battleing throat cancer. His name was Tony. When I first moved up here him and his wife were one of the first couples I met at the church I was going to. They became very close to me very quickly. Tony always told me that if I ever needed anything that I would go to my family for(if they were up here) that I should come to him and his wife. After getting to know Tony better I found out that he served in the Navy on the same ship as my dad did at the same time. Although they never knew each other, that was very comforting to me.

When Tony was diagnosed with throat cancer I was not able to go and visit him, although they are my parents neighbor. It was very hard for me to see him dying. I did write him and his wife a letter a couple of month ago and mailed it to them to thank them for being such amazing people and to tell Tony the effects he had on my life!

Today I went over to see Bev(Tony's wife) and just love on her. She is not doing well at all. She is a mess. If you could please lift her up that would be greatly appreciated. She told me today that she is looking at Tony's death like he is on a military deployment, but this time he won't be coming home, she will be going to meet him somday. I thought that was a really cool way to look at it, but please keep her in your prayers if you could think about it.

I remember Tony in his T-shirt, jeans, suspenders and leather vest riding his lawnmower around the yard. I remember him waving to me and saying "Hey kiddo, how ya doing." I remember the amazing man of God that he was and the every faithful love he had for Jesus! I remember his gently smile and his strong hugs. I remember the love he had for Bev. I remember the way he treated me like the daughter he never had.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 10:38am
{{{{{{Jen}}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss and I will be praying for his family and friends!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 12:02pm

Angie -

Thanks for taking the time to read about my dear friend!!! HUGS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 1:48pm

It's definitely okay to give us a long post any time, especially when it helps you to get out some of what you're thinking and feeling.

Hugs and prayers for you and Tony's family, especially his wife. I hope her long-deployment analogy helps her deal with life without him.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Come visit my blog and see my photos!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 4:00pm

Thank you so much Becca!!! That means a lot to me! HUGS

Alex(allygirl1405)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 11:05am
Oh, that is so sad, I'm sorry. (((HUGS)))
Photobucket