Did We Forget Something Yesterday?????

iVillage Member
Did We Forget Something Yesterday?????
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 12:37pm

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I am not sure if Canadians celebrate this or not. So what did everyone do yesterday???

Here is a little info on the holiday: This is from Wikipedia.

Saint Patrick's Day (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig) is a yearly holiday celebrated on 17 March. It is named after Saint Patrick (circa AD 387–461), the most commonly recognized of the patron saints of Ireland. It began as a purely Catholic holiday and became an official feast day in the early 1600s. However, it has gradually become more of a secular celebration of Ireland's culture.

It is a public holiday on the island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, as well as in Newfoundland and Labrador and in Montserrat. It is also widely celebrated by the Irish diaspora, especially in places such as Great Britain, Canada, the United States, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, and Montserrat, among others.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 4:45pm

I wore green and made sure the boys were dressed in green as well (though that was a bit more challenging with Ben, who needed a couple outfit changes LOL). I'd made pistachio cupcakes on Monday, so we had a few to finish off for the actual holiday. ;) And Tim got to help me with a bowl of green ice cream (just vanilla with green sugar sprinkles mixed in) after supper.

I would have had a shamrock shake but our McDonald's didn't have them! :( Maybe next year I'll make my own green shake...

I also listened to some Irish bands: Cranberries and The Corrs. :D

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 7:19pm
The kids wore green and we made green pancakes. Cedric made a cute little St. Patrick's day guy, he said it was St. Patrick, but it was really more like a leprechaun, LOL. He made the whole idea up himself!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 9:24pm

WOW Becca, sounds like you tried to go all out. What is up with your McDonalds not having Shamrock shakes??? That is just not right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 9:25pm

Brenda -

Cedric's little dude sounds pretty cool!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 10:11pm
Tell me about it. That's all I wanted at the drive-thru (easier with two little guys) and since there wasn't a vehicle behind me, I just thanked them and backed out!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 12:58pm
Becca, I have not walked into a fast food restaurant in 12 years, LOL, since the day I had my son. :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 9:49pm

Wholly cow Brenda....12 years. Is there a specific reason for that?

honeygoddess(brenda)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 12:38pm
Yes. It's called children.
Photobucket