Say it, do it! Healthy goals

iVillage Member
Say it, do it! Healthy goals
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 4:26pm

Over the weekend, I worked outside in my yard instead of sitting on my duff playing on the computer. The fresh air and exercise did me a world of good; I slept better than I have in months! And my yard is looking loads better -- this weekend, I hope to get started on my garden!

The older I get, the more I realize just how important it is to maintain healthy goals, for me and my family. For me personally, this means eat healthier and moving more...lots more! Since I'm the type of person who has to verbalize my goals, the GE Pledge for Better Health Wall has really made a difference; I shared my pledge and found motivation reading pledges from others across the nation. But, I need more to keep me going... and where else would I turn but here to our message boards. ;-)

National Women's Health Weeks kicks off on Mother's Day, so I thought it would be fun to get a head start.... I challenge all of you to join in with your pledge on the wall, then share it here and let's see if we can encourage each other to build a healthier future for ourselves and our families!

So...who's with me?

CMBren
Sr. Community Moderator
Beauty & Style, Entertainment & Main
Email | iVillage.com
Beauty & Style Boards | Entertainment Boards | Main Boards
About our Boards | Customer Support | Tech Update

Pssst!... Have you heard the latest?
Celebrity spotlights and Hollywood highlights await on
Celebrity Chatter

Click for Friendship & Fun!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 9:56pm

I acutally have been thinking that I need to get my butt in gear!!! I am not very good at eating fruits and veggies, so I have bought cans of V8 juice and am drinking at least 1 a day to get a start.

Photobucket

ProudClDarkpurple.png picture by chickofgrace

cb9500.jpg image by chickofgracePhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketchickofgrace-20100401.gif image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 10:39pm

I'm with you on that, Jen. I bought a different brand than you, but it was on my mind because you'd made the first step. :)

I think I'll go for V8 Splash soon to get Tim his vegetables in a different form - he tried the cocktail but didn't like it, so we'll go for something closer to juice. ;)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 10:54pm

We got outside on Saturday and even though I didn't do much because I was keeping Ben entertained, it felt good just to be outside in the fresh air.

Today I got out and picked up rocks next to the fence, left from Hubby digging the posts in the fall. More fresh air and plenty of squatting, which I don't do well. LOL

One thing that works as the weather gets better is to think of ways to walk rather than drive - walking to the post office (no door-to-door delivery in our small village) or the small grocery store downtown can accomplish errands at the same time it gets me exercise. :) Of course, that wasn't possible in some places I lived, so I'm counting my blessings right now!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 1:19pm
I love V-8, especially if it's frosty cold!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 1:20pm

I agree with ya.....I keep the cans in the fridge so they are yummier that way. I am going to start walking as well. It will be good for hubby, the puppy and me!!!

Photobucket

ProudClDarkpurple.png picture by chickofgrace

cb9500.jpg image by chickofgracePhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketchickofgrace-20100401.gif image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 1:25pm

It's so cool that you live in an area

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 1:51pm

Becca -

That is something that I need to start doing. I live right downtown in my town and there is NO excuse why I can't walk more to do my errands. I wanted to start walking to work(only 10 blocks), but there are a TON of customers that dont come in unless they see my car, so I think

Photobucket