Weekend plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend plans?
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 3:45pm

Anything fun on the horizon? Errands/chores to do?

Guru (Hubby) and I have TV shows to watch from this week (and will probably take care of some of them tonight): Mythbusters, Life Unexpected, and 10 Things I Hate About You. I doubt he'll want to watch two movies I just added to our collection ;) - the director's cut of the first Star Trek movie, and "Trekkies," a documentary about the franchise's fans. Maybe we'll check out the PPV options for the weekend and use one or two more credits?

We'll also want to get out for a bit of yardwork, I bet, or just have Tim and Ben get some fresh air while we relax. I'll try to get the poop patrol done this afternoon so the yard is clean for running around. ;)

And we'll brainstorm for restaurant ideas for next Thursday (our anniversary) and the family outing we'll take next weekend (more anniversary celebration). :D

I wouldn't mind making some progress on the mystery novel I'm reading or being inspired to write...

Hope we all have a super time!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 5:58pm

Tomorrow I have to babysit until 3.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 7:39pm

I know what you mean about dinner and the kids. When Guru's bro was here for spring break, two dinners that week messed up the schedule, especially since no one suggested coming here and instead made us drive 40 mins each way... Anyway, for Easter, Guru got out of dinner without having to say we didn't want to have the kids out late; we just told them we'd be in town that morning for an egg hunt, so they arranged to be there and then had us over for lunch afterwards. :) (I'm already hoping that for my mum's 60th next month, the family goes for a lunch out instead of dinner 'cause then it won't be too weird for our routine. Of course, Tim doesn't eat dinner unless it has fries in it... LOL)

I hope the baby shower is a lot of fun. Stinks to miss church, though.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 10:57pm

It's a busy weekend. Today(friday) from noon till around noon tomorrow our church is having a 24 hour prayer/worship time at our outreach center. DH and I just got back from there. We went for about an hour. Tomorrow(saturday) our church is hosting a "blessing of the bikes" which is for all the local motorcycle riders. They ride to the next town over, pray and then come back and we will have a big bbq. Then tomorrow night we are having a fundraiser concert of lots of local artists to raise money for our mission team that is going to the Domician Republic next month. Then of couse church on Sunday. And I have to work on Saturday. So it's a busy, busy weekend! Thank goodness I am off on Monday so I can catch up on my sleep!!!

Photobucket

ProudClDarkpurple.png picture by chickofgrace

cb9500.jpg image by chickofgracePhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucketchickofgrace-20100401.gif image by chickofgrace

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 10:58pm

Becca -

I love 10 things I hate about you. I met several of the cast when I was working at a medic we were the crew on site during the taping of that movie is Tacoma, WA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 11:00pm

Cindy -

I know it's tough, but I am glad you were able to stand up to the family. That is one of the hardest things to do. Enjoy the baby shower as well on Sunday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 11:14pm
That's cool! I like the movie, and the TV show is pretty good teen viewing as well. My only complaint at this point would be that it's only 30 mins each week. ;)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 9:42am

Hello....Think it will be a pretty quiet weekend....Some chores around the house, and have my folks over for the afternoon and supper....Then church tomorrow.....and either walk at the Park Reserve or relax and read on the deck....or Both!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 10:50am
A quiet weekend sounds very peaceful and will hopefully have you both relaxed for Monday.

Community Leader
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 11:46am
Hi Becca!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 11:54am
Hi Jen. Our church does a 24 hour prayer too.

Photobucket

Pages