Looking for a Children's Book

iVillage Member
Looking for a Children's Book
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 4:48am
I hope that y'all don't mind me stopping by here, but I need your help in finding a children's book. I used to work in a bookstore and one of my jobs was to shelve the children's books and I remember that this one was located in the Christian children's books. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title or the author, though for some reason I want to say that it was Max Lucado, It was a hardback illustrated book about a boy who wants a puppy. There is a man who has an available litter of puppies and the boy picks one out. The man keeps trying to stop the boy from taking the puppy since it is crippled and can't run fast and help the boy play outside. But the boy does pick the puppy because he is crippled too.

I wanted to give this book as a gift, but I need the author and the name of the book (or just one or the other). Could anyone please help me out?
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 10:56pm
Ooh, lots of names for me to check out. Thanks! :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 12:07pm
I'm not a Christian, though I'm familiar with different Christian authors, because of my experience in the bookstore. I also subscribe to the magazine "Romantic Times Book Reviews" and they have an inspirational section, so that keeps me up to date with Christian authors, since I'm no longer working in the bookstore.

Some of my favorite authors are Rebecca Brandewyne, Bertrice Small, Jack Higgins, J.R.R. Tolkien, Scott Spencer, Virginia Henley, Jacqueline Carey, Jim Butcher, Roger Zelazny, Jonathan Kirsch, Edward Rutherford, Connie Mason, Ronald Hutton, Isaac Bonewits and Kathleen Woodiwiss.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 11:25pm

Glad to help. :) I hope we'll be able to answer any other book questions you have. Do you have any favourite authors?

Come hang out with us anytime. :D

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 9:04pm
I had no idea Max Lucado wrote childrens books!