How's the weekend going?

iVillage Member
How's the weekend going?
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 12:44am

We went on a road trip today. :) Probably should have been up earlier, but we weren't about to stay at home, as we usually do, just because the boys let us sleep in. ;)

We headed out and drove east for a bit before choosing our final destination along a scenic route. By lunchtime we were at the mall. Got everyone fed, both kids changed and even had time to look in the bookstore. :)

We stopped at a rest area with an awesome viewpoint of the lake and mountains. Tim got to run around, Guru took photos, Ben got a snack and we all had fresh air.

Our only problem came on the drive back. We thought Tim was just bored of the ride, but it turned out he wasn't feeling well - he got sick and we had to make a quick stop at the side of the road while I did the best I could to clean up. Guru felt sick himself at the smell, so we drove the rest of the way with the windows down and the heat on! Once we got home both boys had their bath while Guru dealt with supper.

Still have to clean the car seat tomorrow, when I can determine how the cushioning comes off... In the meantime, it was a good day. :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 1:53am

I'm sorry your family outing didn't end well, but I'm sure years from now you will tell that story with fondness.

My weekend has been going great!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 9:10am

Sounds like you had a pretty good outing!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 5:33pm

Sounds like your weekend has been fun (except for that one little thing!).

Pretty uneventful here.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 7:30pm

Sorry Tim was sick!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 11:22pm

Today was busy but I feel good about how much was accomplished. Guru got his truck cleaned, inside and out, after buying a lawnmower and getting the lawn its first cut since we bought the place last fall. I washed a lot of dishes, did laundry (to sort later), cleaned Tim's car seat, made muffins and fed Ben cereal for the first time! (Photos here.)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Community Leader
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 2:04pm
Hi Becca.

Photobucket