For JaieLyn

iVillage Member
For JaieLyn
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 11:55pm

JaieLyn, the code below will give you a basic siggy to start with, if you like it. (And don't worry if you don't want to use it. Siggies are a personal thing, IMHO, so it's all about what you want.)

JaieLyn

200 posts on Christian Bookshelf

To enter this as your siggy, you need to click the "board settings" link near the top of the board (below the number of board posts and on the right side). In the pop up window, the fourth section is Personal Signature. There's an option below the box that says "Use your own HTML tags." Click that and then paste in the code. :)

To get cool siggies and blinkies made for you, check out Signature Making for Beginners at http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-prsigshownew. There's even a Signature Offers section where you give name, text and sometimes photos to fit into a template offered by the awesome siggy-makers of the board!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:22am
Okay, it the risk of looking & sounding really dumb, how do I copy that code?

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:47am

Sounds like you're copying properly. :) You should be able to right-click and paste in the text box once you've clicked the option "Use your own HTML tags."

I've discovered that it can be challenging when the technology is taken for granted. I sometimes don't know how to explain how to do things because I've just done them for so long they're second nature. Oy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:25am

Thanks, Becca, I had forgotten to try right clicking.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:27am
Umm, what did I do wrong?

JaieLyn

200 posts on Christian Bookshelf

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:00pm

Did you paste that in after clicking the "radio button" beside Use your own HTML tags (at the bottom of the box)? Looks like it went into the regular editor so it doesn't recognise the code.

You can also just try copying and pasting the images directly without worrying about code. I should have thought of it first but since I deal with the code myself, that's where my brain went automatically. See what I mean about taking things for granted? Oy to the vey.

Here they are:

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:18pm
I'm not sure at what point I pasted it...but this time I copied the image itself, so I think it is going to work...let's give it a try!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:19pm
It worked!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:56pm
Whoo hoo, you did it! It looks great! :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 5:48pm

I know what you mean about naked posts. When I hide signatures for the iWin competition on the last day of the month, the posts look so weird!

Now you can centre the images if you like, add more as you find them, etc. If you don't have a PhotoBucket account and aren't sure about getting one, I can save a few images for you in the same album as the two you have now, but if you get addicted to siggy graphics, you'll want your own place to store them so you can play to your heart's content. ;)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 8:47pm

Yeah JaieLyn!!!!

Anne

Photobucket

Pages