Praise & Prayer Corner

iVillage Member
Praise & Prayer Corner
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 5:56pm

Let's count some blessings and pray for each other!

A few of my blessings: two cute boys, a family who puts up with me during good and bad moods, and more reading material than I have time for!

I pray for happy homes, fun summer activities and wisdom.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:04pm
Thanks Brenda.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:51pm

Jen, I'm sending you lots of hugs!

I hope you're back on the work schedule soon. Sucks to worry about that.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:52pm

Thanks Angie.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:55pm
Thanks Becca.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 12:40am
That sounds tough. Hope you start feeling better and that makes the treatment easier to bear.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 11:29am
Thanks Karyn!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 11:32am
Thanks Becca!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 12:51am

Feel like counting a few blessings tonight...

- My younger sis is coming home on the weekend for a short vacation. She'll be with the in-laws (since her FIL is recovering from a heart attack and subsequent surgery) but we'll all get together at least a couple times. Yay!

- Hanging out as a family on the weekends. :)

- A renewed desire to eat nutritiously.

- Lots of movie time recently in the evenings.

- My hair's grown enough since May that I can put it in a (very short) ponytail to help with the heat.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 3:46pm

Those are all great praises Becca. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Lindy
Thank you Lindy(beloved_believer) for this great siggy!
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 3:27pm

Couple requests today, ladies.

My younger sis and her husband of 3 years just separated. It comes as a shock to the family and I'm praying that time apart will remind them of the good parts of their relationship (which began in the late '90's) and give them hope that they can overcome their issues.

And for me: I need to get a firm hold on my temper. I have the most trouble with Tim's bad moods pushing my buttons really fast; otherwise, I'm pretty good at keeping my cool when Ben's upset or things aren't going the way I want some days. I understand what my mum dealt with as I grew up because I was the same as Tim or even worse. I don't want to lose it like my mum did so often. I know it not only freaks out Tim and makes me disappointed with myself, but I can also picture God watching and being so sad that I'm failing to make the right choice in how to react. I know better...

Now for the flipside, let's have some blessing-counting from me 'cause life is pretty good:

I love when the boys entertain each other, especially when they're laughing together.

I'm sneaking in time here and there for writing and got my pretty insightful feedback from an online friend. (We're swapping chapters after a long break due to life intervening for both of us.)

I'm enjoying the fall weather, I have warm clothes when needed and the cover for the double stroller came in, so rain (or the threat of it) doesn't need to keep us from walking!

I've been doing well lately avoiding too much snacking and I lost the few extra pounds that snuck up on me in August.

I have great friends here at the Bookshelf! :D