Praise & Prayer Corner

iVillage Member
Praise & Prayer Corner
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 5:56pm

Let's count some blessings and pray for each other!

A few of my blessings: two cute boys, a family who puts up with me during good and bad moods, and more reading material than I have time for!

I pray for happy homes, fun summer activities and wisdom.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:19pm

Praise: Hubby's done his engineering exam! Big load of stress off, and now it's just the wait for the marks. (Apparently the pass-fail line is about 70%, but it's done by average and that means half of the folks writing each time will fail. Doesn't seem fair to me, but I think it's a measure to ensure that engineers in the province are not only the most intelligent but also the most likely to stick to the code of ethics and the law they must study before the exam...)

Meanwhile, Tim's been showing a real interest in adding to his vocabulary. He seems more confident these days with attempts at words - before he would just clam up or ignore us when we encouraged him to try new words. I'm excited about our progress and hope it won't be much longer before he reaches the typical three-year-old level.

Prayer: About 90% of those wanting to be geotechnical engineers in this province are called in for an interview before a panel of engineers in Vancouver and Hubby's nervous about that possibility. I hope he's in the 10% and if not, that he aces it!

Continued prayer for my younger sis is appreciated. It may be putting a brave face on things, but her husband talks on Facebook like it's a good thing they split and he's enjoying life without her. That makes me sad because it sounds to me like they just needed to readjust their expectations of marriage and invest more time with each other, not give up completely.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 12:58am
Thanks, I'm really hoping that talking about it gives me accountability, and the strength to resist when I'm in danger of losing it!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 12:33am
Oh, I am sorry about your sister. I understand about the temper, but try to get it under control now, it just gets worse when the kids get older! Praying for you....
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:40pm

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:13pm
Thank you!

Community Leader
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 10:28pm

Praying for your sisters marriage! May the Lord restore it and make it more! Praying for you too. I am praying for the same for myself.

Praise God for all the praises! :)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 8:18pm

Praying for you sister!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Lynsie(hollyn77)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Anne
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 3:27pm

Couple requests today, ladies.

My younger sis and her husband of 3 years just separated. It comes as a shock to the family and I'm praying that time apart will remind them of the good parts of their relationship (which began in the late '90's) and give them hope that they can overcome their issues.

And for me: I need to get a firm hold on my temper. I have the most trouble with Tim's bad moods pushing my buttons really fast; otherwise, I'm pretty good at keeping my cool when Ben's upset or things aren't going the way I want some days. I understand what my mum dealt with as I grew up because I was the same as Tim or even worse. I don't want to lose it like my mum did so often. I know it not only freaks out Tim and makes me disappointed with myself, but I can also picture God watching and being so sad that I'm failing to make the right choice in how to react. I know better...

Now for the flipside, let's have some blessing-counting from me 'cause life is pretty good:

I love when the boys entertain each other, especially when they're laughing together.

I'm sneaking in time here and there for writing and got my pretty insightful feedback from an online friend. (We're swapping chapters after a long break due to life intervening for both of us.)

I'm enjoying the fall weather, I have warm clothes when needed and the cover for the double stroller came in, so rain (or the threat of it) doesn't need to keep us from walking!

I've been doing well lately avoiding too much snacking and I lost the few extra pounds that snuck up on me in August.

I have great friends here at the Bookshelf! :D

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 3:46pm

Those are all great praises Becca. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Lindy
Thank you Lindy(beloved_believer) for this great siggy!
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 12:51am

Feel like counting a few blessings tonight...

- My younger sis is coming home on the weekend for a short vacation. She'll be with the in-laws (since her FIL is recovering from a heart attack and subsequent surgery) but we'll all get together at least a couple times. Yay!

- Hanging out as a family on the weekends. :)

- A renewed desire to eat nutritiously.

- Lots of movie time recently in the evenings.

- My hair's grown enough since May that I can put it in a (very short) ponytail to help with the heat.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Pages