3am...can't sleep....going to babble

iVillage Member
3am...can't sleep....going to babble
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 6:30am

Well it's 3:25 am PST and I cannot sleep. I have tried to lay down and relax and go to sleep but I just can't. I have been having lots of trouble with my anxiety and I am really getting frustrated with it. I had such a bad night on Thursday that I took 2 valium and drank a bunch of brandy. I dont' drink . The only reason I had the brandy in the house was for a cookie receipe that I love to bake. It was horrible, I felt horrible. I scared the crap out of DH and he was so scared he called my mom and she came over. He also called one of my best friends and she came over and prayed over me. This is something I am not proud of at all. I know that I should have turned to God when I was in this deepest, darkest place, but sometimes the enemy just grabs a hold of us so tight that we just can't seem to find our way out.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 11:51am

Lots and lots of hugs, Jen. And guess what I turn to more often than I should - chocolate. I always have a stash, so even though the sugar (and fat) content isn't great for me and I'm trying to stay at my healthiest weight in years, I still reach for it. I could probably go through a lot less if I took a moment to pray instead of eating for comfort... (I also had a recent rash of complaining online instead of addressing issues in real life. That so didn't work out well! Why can't I remember to pray instead?)

I hope you were able to get some sleep this morning. I was up around that time and actually managed to get Ben to fall back asleep without nursing - that's his comfort even when his tummy isn't entirely empty! ;)

You can always babble/chat with us here when you need, and of course my email is available to you. I'm praying for these anxiety problems to go away already. Begone! We don't need our enemy camping out in our lives!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

Community Leader
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 7:34pm
Sending love and hugs your way! You are so right the enemy is a master at what he does.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:00pm

Understand what you are going through. Hope you

slept somehow. Hope you are ok.

My neighbor is having problems with that, insomnia, depression, etc.

He retired early and these things got to him, too. He scared his wife

and family with his ravings.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:12pm
I'm not sure if my dad's totally used to retirement after 8 years. He was a workaholic, so I think he struggles not only with how to pass all the spare time but also the fact that he and my mum have to work out what it means for them to share the home 24/7 - they butt heads because Mum was basically "in charge" of the household, and also determined much of the daily agenda without his input...

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:42pm

Yes they are having that trouble too.

The wife is used to going out .

He has no hobbies, etc.

We advised him to volunteer a little bit

and walk around more.

Nope...refuses everything.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:46pm
Sorry you had a tough time.