By george, I think we've got it, Ginger!

iVillage Member
By george, I think we've got it, Ginger!
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:51pm
The middle name, that is. Don't get too excited.

I've been weighing your specific suggestions and your gentle nudges in the direction of using a MN w/ meaning.

I think the MN will be Ellison. The literal translation, Ellie's son, honors William, my DH. And the name itself honors Ellie, my dear MIL. I'm hoping all of this won't be very clear to my mother. If she questions the name, I may resort to a white lie and tell her simply that I think it is great name, end of story. Don't know that she'll believe me, though.

Daphne Ellison???? If so, I need to start selling William.

Oh, and two last doubts: 1. Would you consider having two children w/ "ee" last syllables repetitive?, and 2. Is Ellison too masculine? (Please, anyone else reading this message, feel free to offer input.)

Michelle

Michelle 

Graham May 1999, Lily P

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:14pm
I love it...might change spelling to Elyson..that way it looks more feminine (close to Alyson)...I might even use Elyson Daphne...
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:35pm
There simply isn't an icon to relay my range of emotions! LOL I now know what the term "losing my breath" means after seeing your title bar!!!

Personally, I love Ellison. For me, it is not masculine. It's a "play" on Allison and Ellen, more than anything. It's been on my list (one of them, anyway) for years. About your mother though, no offense, she must be pretty dense or else you are blissfully hopeful...This is an issue I just couldn't lose much sleep over, though. It primarily honors your dh. Besides, you have already named one child for YOUR side of the family(even if it wasn't specifically her or her family). It's William's turn, and you should remember from past posts, I am EXTREMELY partial to daughters named for significant men.

Daphne Ellison- - -I'm really liking. Flows well with ln. Great with sibs. Meaningful. Adaptive (good choices for future "growth"---Dee, Daph, Elli, Ellis, Lissi, Ellen,Ellison, or just Daphne--we've everything from an artist to a homemaker to a CEO).

About Daphne with Lily. Pearl takes care of 90% of my doubts about same endings. Other 10% is basically pacified by -ne and -ly, Example- If it were Daphne and Ariadne or Lily and Bailey, I'd say no way. But, since the consonants are different, we're okay. I think...yes, we're okay! LOL

By George, this might be it. You'd kill me in person because what I'm most thrilled about is that if this is it, Halleluia! I'm all for change and progress, but this new board format is enough to make anyone go with a swift, if not personal naming decision! Here's to Daphne Ellison or Something Ellison. Thumbs up! Will be around for future doubts, if they arise, by the way, even if you don't see my posts often. E-mail is cmmart@cstel.net and there's no doubt at this point that might be easier. Cheers, Michelle! Don't sweat this recent revelation too much. Second-guessing landed me in the hospital without so much as a mn on the list! Later and take care, Ginger

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:58am
Daphne Ellison is perfect! I think a more masculine MN is fine w/such a gorgeous feminine first name. And I'm all for MNs with family meaning!! Also, I think Lily and Daphne are fine together -- the 2 "ee" names don't bother me at all. (I checked your profile to see what the other "ee" name was). Personally, I think Daphne Ellison is a wonderful choice!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:09am
Daphne Ellison is very pretty. Ellison actually sounds feminine to me as it is similar to Allison.

Photobucket