How do we feel about Lola Kate?

iVillage Member
How do we feel about Lola Kate?
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:54pm
I know, I know..... just can't seem to get a handle on this babies' name!!!!! DH nixed Vanessa last night, so we are fishing out the archives. Some others we were tossing around are:

Fiona Grace

Bella Grace

Bella Kate

Kendall Nicole

as a reminder: Ava Mae Graham is dd #1

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:57pm
Second one is always harder! Believe me, I know.

First of all, I love the name Fiona. However, as much time and effort as you've put into this child's name, I'd hate to see you go with Grace. It is roughly the mn of every other child in my town and has been for four years. Fiona Kate? Fiona Quinn? Fiona Rose? Fiona Hope? Fiona Ellen? Fiona Marie? Sounds great with Ava too!

Lola- I personally like this name and recently talked a friend into using it. She ultimately had a boy, but "we" selected Lola Catherine. I prefer this for you as well, though I do like Kate as a mn with most any name. Very appropriate with Ava and sounds fabulous with your ln.

Kendall is very pretty, but I just can't seem to get into it with Ava. Sorry. Now for a mn- Lola Kendall, Fiona Kendall, etc. Very classy.

Might you consider Georgia, Margaux, Leanna, Jasmine, Bianca, Deidre/Deirdre, Raina, Raima, Rosannah, Mariana, Nina, Nora, Phoebe, Portia, Cora, Erica, Bria, Callista, Tess/Tessa, Mori, Louisa, Mia, Celeste, Camille or Bridget. I like these with your ln and Ava. I listed only names I thought might strike a chord within and apologize for past repeats. But, since you said you were reviewing archives, I put some old faves in. Hang in there, isn't there some old saying about the hunt being the best part of the treasure or something like that? LOL Take care, Ginger

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:03pm
I think Lola Kate is cute and sounds nice with Ava also. I also like Fiona Grace with Ava. Pretty names :).

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:05pm
You are a godsend Ginger! I swear you are more helpful than my best friend in this regard!! Thank You, as always for your suggestions that are always good AND not too harsh :) I didn't like Lola at all in the beginning; my DH wanted it for both girls, and I nixed it out. But, it is very charming with Ava and Kate...... I agree about Grace; super-overused. You would enjoy a hospital site that I found that has a web nursery w/ a list of each months names in a huge row. Talk about trendsetting; all of the names we discuss are there......

Here's the link

http://www.swedish.org/guide/guide.asp?Childbirth+First+Hill+2

On the right of the screen there is a link to "Web Nursery". Select "First Hill Campus" and they have a comprehensice list for each month that is AWESOME for a name lover like you :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:17pm
My favorite from your list is Fiona Grace!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:25pm
I love Lola and Bella Grace!! n/t
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:43pm
Lola Kate is beautiful!

I also like Kendall Nicole. How about Kendall Grace?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:29am
Great name...it goes really well with Ava Mae too! I also really like Fiona Kate and Bella Grace.

Good luck!

~Sheila

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:55am
I love all those names! It's probably easier to choose the one I like least and that would be Bella. But I think the others are great! Can't go wrong with any of them.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:52am
I think Lola Kate is beautiful!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:35pm
Lola is ok, but not a personal favorite. I can't help but picture a stripper or frumpy old lady (opposite ends of the spectrum, I know). I like Kate as a mn, but if you say Lola Kate fast, it sounds a like locate. Not sure if that's really a big deal though.

Kendall is my favorite from your list. Not sure about Kendall Nicole because of the similar endings - maybe Kendall Grace? Have you considered Paige as a mn? Less popular than Grace. Kendall Paige?

Bella is very pretty, but with the popularity of Isabella, I think many people would assume it was a nn for Isabella. I prefer Bella Kate to Bella Grace (Isabella Grace is a very popular combo).

Fiona is nms (not generally a fan of F names), but Fiona Grace is nice.

Did you used to have Ella on your list? Ella Kate is great with Ava Mae.

Pages