attn: Grantson ..... I have an idea!!!

iVillage Member
attn: Grantson ..... I have an idea!!!
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 8:07pm
I wanted your feedback; Lola seems to be getting alot of flack for the sexiness factor, so I thought about an alternative: Lila. I like Lila Kate quite a bit!! What do you think? Also been throwing around Lila Marianne (mary-anna; it's German) or Lila Colette. I love your insight! I checked out Babyname.com and posted there last night; got 37 replies in 24 hours???? They voted for Lila 19 times :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 8:27pm
I must have ESP! This is the first time I've checked this board since I "signed off" on Friday. The only reason I checked is because yours is the only baby that's left "hanging in the wind" since my departure. I really want to keep a check on your naming progress, and something just told me to see if you'd posted any new thoughts.

However, I don't have plans to hang around. So, if it's not too much of a problem for you, I'd love to keep up with your quest for the perfect name and hear the final choice via cyberspace birth announcement. My e-mail is cmmart@cstel.net, if you don't mind "posting" to me there.

You've hit on a real winner. Lilla (pro. with short i- like Lily) is a family name of mine that's dear to my heart. Are you pro. with long i? Like L-eye-luh? Very elegant. Great with Ava. Also, my honest opinion? I think you are getting better and better at this. Lila Marianne or Lila Kate is just gorgeous. It will grow so well with your daughter. I'm a huge fan of Mariana so Marianne just might get my vote. I also think Colette is a great name, but if I had to choose among the three, I would choose Kate or Marianne for one simple reason. Normally, I am not inclined to double sounds- --Lila and Colette both have a strong l- sound. It's definitely not a bad combo at all, but if I had to choose I'd probably go #1Marianne (b/c so near to my dear Mariana) #2-Kate b/c it just sounds wonderful with Ava Mae #3Colette - for the l- sound.

But know that from the bottom of my heart, I feel you have truly been getting closer and closer to a real beauty to match Ava Mae. Nice combo choices! Take care, Ginger

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:06pm
i love lila kate! cute yet classy. that's my vote!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:33pm
I prefer Lila-it is pretty and feminine. Lila Kate flows well. I also like Lila Marianne but Marianna adds too many a's at the end IMO.

HTH!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 11:15pm
Lila Colette is very pretty.

Photobucket