Finally get to name a girl!

iVillage Member
Finally get to name a girl!
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 1:38pm
Hi! I'm new to this board and I love reading the helpful and thoughtful advice here! I have three sons, Jake, Trevor and Weston. I'd like a feminine, three-syllable name for the girl I'm expecting in July! My oldest ds suggested the name Rachel, and I like it a lot for a middle name (I've always thought it was a pretty name).

The names I've considered so far are:

Valerie

Annika

Veronica

Katrina

Melanie

Jennavieve (nn Jenna)

Kylie (short, trendy, but cute!)

Please, please, please post your votes and let me know your honest opinion! I usually don't feel comfortable asking family members because I'm too swayed by their opinions, but I'm looking here for some helpful feedback from you all! TIA!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:16pm
Valerie -- love it, it is on our list. Ideas: Valerie Hayley, Valerie Juliet, Valerie Cailtin, Valerie Brianne.

Annika -- not my style...not sure why.

Veronica -- think of the song that has the name in it. Cute nn, Ronni. Ideas: Veronica Jade, Veronica Kelly, Veronica Tayla, Veronica Eve.

Katrina -- pretty, also like the other spelling--Katerina. Ideas: Katrina Louise, Katrina Leanne, Katrina Paige, Katrina Simone.

Melanie -- very feminine. like it. Ideas: Melanie Kate, Melanie Abigail, Melanie Taryn, Melanie Rose.

Jennavieve (nn Jenna) -- ooh rough spelling. You will have to constantly correct people, since the traditional spelling is Genevieve.. could still use nn Genna, Genn, Eve, or Veve

Ideas: Genevieve Faith, Genevieve Brooke, Genevieve Daria, Genevieve Kate.

Kylie (short, trendy, but cute!) -- ooh I do like it! even Keeley, Kiley. Ideas: Kylie Rose, Kylie Alexandra, Kylie Sabrina, Kylie Simone.

Here are some other 3-syllable names for girls:

Adrianna, Alanna, Ainsley, Bridgette, Belinda, Catherine, Callista, Colette, Danielle, Elaina (E-Lay-Nuh), Francesca, Felicia, Felicity, Giselle, Gwendolyn, Genevieve, Jillian, Juliette, Jacqueline, Kimberly, Lorelei, Lyndsay, Lissondra, Mallory, Mariana, Melody, Natalie, Nicolette, Natasha, Pamela, Rhianna, Rebecca, Susannah, Suzanne, Stephanie, Tonianne, Victoria and Valentina.

I hope this helps! Danielle

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:25pm
I love Annika. Annika Rachel would be a great combo. I also really like Jennavieve, though I prefer the spelling Genevieve. Genevieve Rachel would be beautiful.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:28pm
Congratulations on your little girl! Love the names of your sons. Jennavieve nn Jenna was on our list for a girl, so that gets my vote. Some other ideas:Gwendolyn nn Gwen, Meredith, Josephine nn Josie, Rhianna & Jocelyn.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck.

Dana, mom to Will 9/10/00 & EDD boy #2 Brett 4/25/03
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:39pm
I like Annika and Jennavieve.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:55pm
Boy, you have some wonderful names here. I could not pick just one. Valerie, Annika, Melanie, and Jennavieve are my favorites. You can't go wrong with any of them!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 4:36pm
These are my top 3 choices, but they were all nice names...the only one that was nms was valerie...and it doesn't seem to fit with the siblings names...good luck!

1. Katrina Rachel

2. Melanie Rachel

3. Annika Rachel

p.s. as for your sons names...Trevor is one of my faves, I just can't get dh to go with it!

Monica

-mama to Evan (6-27-04) and Leah (10-24-07)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:29pm
I like your choices of names. The only two that I'm not particularly

fond of is Katrina and Melanie.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:07pm
I love Valerie! I love Genevieve too but prefer the 'G' spelling. HTH!

Gayle

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:13pm
Great list of names! I really like Annika, Valerie, Katrina, & Jennavieve (much prefer spelling Genevieve). Annika Rachel, Katrina Rachel, & Jennavieve Rachel are very pretty. Not sure about Valerie Rachel - too many similar sounds. Veronica & Melanie are great names too, just not personal favorites. I like Kylie, but it sounds too cutesy and nn for my tastes for an adult. Have you considered Kyla (with the possible nn Kylie)?
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 8:50am
Jenevieve Rachel..don't need the second N..Patricia is Patti even without the second T and so are Robert/Robby, Timothy/Timmy, etc...

Pages