opinions on the name Pearl for a girl

iVillage Member
opinions on the name Pearl for a girl
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 7:01pm
Gonna have a baby in November no clue if it's a boy or girl yet but I really want to name her Pearl if she turns out to be a girl. Obviously it's a very old fashioned name (was my grandmothers name). I'd like some other feedback besides my husband who hates it but will agree if i can come up with a good middle name to call her.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 8:17pm
Pearl is absolutely beautiful!

Some mn ideas: Pearl Anastasia, Pearl Annabella, Pearl Sophia, Pearl Mariah, Pearl Katarina, Pearl Elizabeth, Pearl Susannah, Pearl Georgiana, Pearl Kristina, Pearl Tatiana, Pearl Felicity, Pearl Josephine, Pearl Matilda.

Good luck!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 8:21pm
I find it cute. I once heard the name Elisabeth Pearl and thought it was lovely, she could go by Pearl at home?

Other suggestions:

*Pearl ELisabeth (can you tell i love Elisabeth lol)

*Pearl Charlotte

*Pearl Jocelyn

*Pearl Rebekah

*Pearl Olivia

*Pearl Alexandra

*Pearl Madeline

*Pearl Juliette

*Charlotte Pearl

*Christina Pearl

*Ella Pearl

*Emma Pearl

*Caroline Pearl

*Olivia Pearl

*Carissa Pearl

*Vivian Pearl

Good luck :).

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 10:23pm
Since your DH sounds like he is not in favor of Pearl, why dont you use it as a middle name?

Madeline Pearl

Madison Pearl

Christina Pearl

Sharon and Pat

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 12:09am
i think its cool that people are using "old-fashion" names... they are never too trendy and are classic...my name is renata pearl...keep thinking and maybe once you decide your husband might change his mind!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 7:13am
You know I really do like a lot of old fashioned names. However, Pearl is not one that I care for. It doesn't translate into a baby or young person's name for me. I do love family names and would absolutely use it for a middle name. Olivia Pearl, Emma Pearl, Eden Pearl, Madeline Pearl, etc. It works great with so many names!

Angela

Angela

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:37am
we had this same delima..my mil wanted us to use Pearl (her mothers name) if number 4 was a girl...we compromised.. Megan means Pearl...would this work for you? I do like Pearl now as a middle name...
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:29am
I was talked out of using Pearl as a FN and regret it to this day. My DD is Lily Pearl. I use both names; lately, though, I hear most people using her FN only. I adore the name Pearl, for so many reasons. Hester Prynne, of "The Scarlet Letter," named her daughter Pearl. The heroine of the novel appreciated the symbolism of the name and I do as well. What could be more precious than your own DD, your very own Pearl?

Good luck with your decision and your DH.

Michelle

Michelle 

Graham May 1999, Lily P