The final 4 (I hope) - siblings Eliza...

iVillage Member
The final 4 (I hope) - siblings Eliza...
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 8:29pm

The final 4 (I hope) - siblings Elizabeth, Sarah, Benjamin; hard "C" last name

• Rachel
  • Katherine
  • Gabrielle
  • Laura

You will be able to change your vote.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 10:13pm

Hi,

Of these names, I actually like Katherine the best with the sibling set--BUT I voted for Rachel, because it seems to me like with three solid Biblical names, it would be a little "off" to use a non-Biblical name. However, that could very well be the conservative Christian background I come from, and not something that is important to you at all. If it's not, then I change my vote to Katherine! :)

Janel

Evelyn Rae

~Beatrice Dianne~

Charlotte Zorah

Expecting #4 Fall 2010

Janel

Evelyn Rae

~Beatrice Dianne~

Charlotte Zorah

Expecting a BOY Fall 2010

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 10:25pm

I totally get what you're saying. We started looking at Katherine when we weren't getting very far with Biblical names (why did so many women in the Bible have to be named Mary when there are so few to choose from?). We didn't start out with the intention of giving all of our kids Biblical names, but after the first two we kind of felt like we had to keep going. LOL. We pretty much decided that it didn't *have* to be Biblical, but if it wasn't it had to be a fairly traditional name. Then we started looking at saints' names....

If it were *just* up to me she would probably be Hannah, but unfortunately, I have to let DH have some say, too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 12:43pm

I keep voting for Rachel, but I'm thinking that you don't really love that name since you keep adding others to your list.

What I like about Rachel is that it has two syllables like Sarah, it fits with your other children's names, and yet is not too matchy with any of them.

You might also consider ("No, no, no -- I don't want to consider any more names," she cried ...!), but anyway, here they are -- >

• Agnes

• Alice

• Deirdre

• Dorcas (!) -- o.k., well, I really probably wouldn't use this one ...

• Hester (!) -- I see this is the Latin form of Esther -- wdyt?

• Ingrid

• Irene

• Jane -- I like this one, but it may not be quite the right fit

• Mabel

• Margaret

• Mary -- so obvious, so sweet, so very retro ... and my second favorite

• Ruth -- my favorite from this list (because it's also biblical, unlike some of the others)

Good luck!

The final 4 (I hope) - siblings Elizabeth, Sarah, Benjamin; hard "C" last name

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 7:43pm
Rachel was the name we first both agreed on and after a while I started thinking it wasn't "the" name, so we went back to the drawing board. We're not coming up with much else, so now I'm starting to lean back toward Rachel. Considering we agree on so few names, I doubt we'll come up with a "perfect" name, so something we both like will have to do. It won't be long before we won't be able to imagine her name as anything other than what we name her. I wasn't sure Sarah was the perfect name for our second DD, but I can't imagine her as anything else now. In fact, I had filled out her birth certificate form in the hospital and turned it in. Later that day a nurse was taking her out of the room for something and as she was leaving I said, "She doesn't look like a Sarah." It as too late by then and I'm happy with her name now.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:11pm

Oh, my -- nurses with opinions on your baby's name ... I don't even know what to say!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 12:07am
No, no! *I* was saying she didn't look like a Sarah. LOL. I think if I were a newborn nurse, I'd probably have to bite my tongue a lot when it came to names.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 8:19am

I think I am going to go back to Rachel. The name has stayed on your list even when others have come and gone. Plus, it would be nice since the rest of your kids have Biblical names. It also ends totally different than Elizabeth, Sarah & Benjamin which I like. I still think Katherine is lovely but Rachel just seems meant to be. :) Rachel Ann would get my final vote. Good Luck!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:48am

Oh, dear -- you're right -- I did misread that comment!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 5:45pm
Definitely Rachel.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 3:19pm

I really do not think you can go wrong with any of those names, they are all beautiful!

Monica

-mama to Evan (6-27-04) and Leah (10-24-07)