• Dad (dad of baby)
  • Big sibling (of baby)
  • a relative or friend
  • mom and dad agreed equally
  • Other, because there is always an other

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 1:47pm
I picked "other" because I make a list & dad has veto power. Also as we added more kids-we have five-the older siblings contributed to the list too. When I was pg with #4, #3 decided that if it was a boy it would be "ninja turtle" & a girl would be "Lucy Locket"- a song he had recently learned. Both DH & I liked the name Lucy for a myriad of reasons & so when she was a girl it just fit. Ninja, however, was never in the running ;)

Andi

Andi

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 3:37pm
Hahahaha! Our son wanted to name his first sister "Passenger Seat Baby" (because she would NOT be driving his Power Wheels Jeep!) and his second sister "Bananahead Thomas". We didn't put his contributions on the list. :)

Photobucket

Thanking Mandy for the amazing siggy!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Photobucket

Than

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 4:02pm

Funny names proposals from the kids!

My 3 year old wants to name the new baby POT POT and my 6 year old is rooting hard for Alice or Allison.

When I was pregnant with #3, my oldest DD wanted to name #2 Penelope-PEE. Emphasis on the PEE part, of course! :)

This time around, since they're both old enough to give input and understand voting, I ask them to put their thumbs up or down for a given name. It's amazing how often I see their point when they point down!

Janel

Evelyn Rae

~Beatrice Dianne~

Charlotte Zorah

Expecting #4 Fall 2010

Janel

Evelyn Rae

~Beatrice Dianne~

Charlotte Zorah

Expecting a BOY Fall 2010

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:22am

#1:
My middle name is Jane, as is my mom's and grandma's, and it was her mother's first name. Hannah was a name I'd picked out a long time ago from the Bible story. DH could have vetoed, but I think he's glad I am primarily responsible for picking names. But we both like names from family, the Bible, and/or scifi (though we probably won't be using the last of those).

#2:
DH wasn't sure when we were pregnant with Hannah whether he wanted a Peter (he is Peter Jr.), so at first we were thinking Josiah Daniel. Then one day he said that he wanted a Peter, so I suggested Peter Immanuel so we could call him Pi. He went with that. (He did not like the idea of using the pi symbol rather than the Roman numeral III.) But when we were deciding names for our son, he said he did want a III. He denies he ever did not want a III. I love having a III too, but primarily I picked Hannah's name and he picked Peter's, I would say, though we both love both names.

#3:
Probably not conceived yet... but we are thinking for a girl, my sister's name and his mother's middle name; for a boy, his brother's name and my dad's middle name (Rebecca May or Benjamin Mark). We both like either name (and BIL has no plans for a junior). I have struggled some with Rebecca May, on meaning issues, and it would be kind of neat to have #2 be Peter III and #3 be Benjamin II (Benjamin Alfred) (I think we're joking about that)... so Rebecca May and Benjamin Mark are not set in stone. I would say we agree equally on those names though. For nicknames, I vetoed Becky and he vetoed Becca, so she'd probably be Rebecca. He vetoed Jamie for Benjamin but we both like Jamin (pronounced Jay min). Neither of our older two children really has a nickname.

Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/

signature by belle_petite
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 12:52am
We both pick the names but I have the ultimate say.

Nat (23) Julian (28) Our July 2009 Dragonfly: Adriana born on July 22 at 7:42 PM. 7lbs 3oz 20in.

Photobucket

Natasha
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 1:46pm

Before we had kids, I gave DH three options:

(1) the kids get my last name and DH can pick the FNs; or

(2) the kids get DH's last name and I can pick the FNs; or

(3) the kids get a hyphenated last name and DH and I can pick the FNs together.

He chose option (2), so I get to pick the FNs, which is what I wanted anyway.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 5:41pm

Our daughter is Rebecca Michelle.

Rebecca was a name I had picked out when I was around 8 years old or so, and I always swore if I ever had a girl I would name her that. LUCKILY my husband liked the name, too! Her middle name was changed a few times throughout the pregnancy. She was going to be Rebecca Ann, Ann is my middle name, but a friend convinced me to change it to something that wasn't a "filler" middle name. Now, I regret it. I wish I had named her Rebecca Ann, because our son will be named after DH and I wish our daughter had a family connection too. I feel a middle name is not "filler" if it means something to you. When we were tossing around other middle name options for Rebecca, I said "Rebecca Michelle?" (my dad had suggested Michelle for a first name)and DH said, "I was just thinking about suggesting that!" so it was on the table. I wasn't too sure but DH seemed to really like it, so I agreed because I think it flows nicely and I basically didn't give him an out for the first name ;)

Our son will be Nathan Christopher. Nathan is a name we both just happened to like, I don't even remember when we settled on it, I just know it was before I was even pregnant. His middle name was going to be Parker, but DH really wanted him to have his first name as a middle name. So we're going with Christopher.

I do love that both kids have biblical names.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-30-2010 - 9:20pm

I picked "other" because my boyfriend ran off before I had Ella Kate, so I named her. Then for Jake, my boyfriend and I both named him. It was a group effort. :)

So it was "other"

---

Hugs,
Claire