Five fantastic things for Friday

iVillage Member
Five fantastic things for Friday
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 9:17am
What's been fantastic in your world since last Friday?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 9:23am

1) I got "Lyric Language German" out from the library (for free yay!) and Finn and I have been enjoying the songs all week.

2) I've been finding Rosetta Stone Japanese used on ebay so after we buy other school stuff we need, I'll finally be able to get Finn RS Japanese.

3) I'm meeting a new ESL studen on Monday. Well, she's technically adult ed. Her English is very good, I've been told, but she needs help with culture & conversation. and guess were she's from? :D Japan!! Finn's excited.

4) Finn's continuing to get better at mimicking the singer in Rammstein so even though he doesn't understand it all, he's adding to his German... even if it is with an East German accent

5) Using the free menus from savingdinner.com (one "regular" and one vegetarian) I managed to menu plan for 2 weeks for my family. LOL, but after spending about two hours on this project, I realized I menu planned for when my dh is on midnights and his 2 weeks on midnights ends on Tuesday and he goes back to days for 2 weeks then.

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 10:41am

1. I got As on my last two tests.

2. I got to see two babies being born when I was in Labor & Delivery.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 10:44am
The ESL student from Japan sound interesting.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 11:54am

Sounds like you've had a great week! Yay that Julian is over the cold; sick kids just aren't fun. Finn's tongue is mostly healed since the getting-it-stuck-to-the-playground-ride incident :D

hehe going out without the children. I'm hoping for that on Saturday, although it'll be with a good friend who hasn't come to visit us in months.

I can imagine seeing those births would be amazing. I've only seen a birth (that I wasn't the one doing the birthing) on that TLC show "bringing home baby" or "a birth story"

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2008 - 12:49pm

Hi Joelle, it sounds like you had a fantastic week. Well, let's see what is happening here:

1. Anna was in a good mood all week, and her papa is very pleased with her. He loves being stay-at-home father, and it's working really well for us.

2. I got surprise roses a couple of days before Valentine's day, my DH is never gives me flowers for Valentine, because they are so overpriced.

3. I reconnected online with an old friend who now lives in Israel, and we are going to meet during my upcoming business trip there.

4. The long weekend is coming, yay, yay, yay!

5. I am catching up with at least some stuff at work

<

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2008 - 9:20am

that's great that staying at home with your dd is working for your dh.

woohoo! on

Love and Light, Joelle