Ready for the week?

iVillage Member
Ready for the week?
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 8:09am
So are you all ready for the week? Do you have any special plans for spending time/extra time with your non-community languages?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 8:11am

I'm going to try to watch either one of my Rammstein dvds or "Run, Lola, Run" every day. My German is slipping since Rosetta Stone became unavailable through my library's databases.

Non-language based... I've menu planned with "Saving Dinner" and now I just need to have my dh take me shopping. Library books, I need to check on if I have anything that's coming due this week because I'm going to the library today

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2008 - 6:54pm
I am just trying to keep practicing Spanish at the hospital every time I get a chance.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2008 - 7:39am

That'll be great to have your DH's aunt visit; yup, it'll be good for your dc to have the time with her... and Spanish :D

I need to get better about using my German. Since the Rosetta Stone German stopped being offered through my library's site, I've just been so down about it... my German isn't that good, after all.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2008 - 12:12pm
Nothing much going on here this week.
I have my Finnish class everyday, like usual. But this week is the last week for the next month, because we will be doing a work placement. I hope to speak Finnish there, but English will do also.

Saturday I'll be heading to a friends to make sushi at home. :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2008 - 5:40pm

Ia your Finnish class going well then?

yay sushi! I need to look for vegetarian version recipes :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2008 - 10:45am

Yup, my Finnish course is still going well. In fact, starting Monday we have a month long "work placement" for the course. So no actual classes, but work instead. At the place I am going to be, there is a very good possibility that it will turn into a permanent job!

Sushi is so easy to do..and the fillings for sushi are really anything you want them to be. My favorites being cucumber, avocado and carrot..then from there add anything you like. :) Do you eat any meat of any sort? Fish? Egg? those can be added or left out as you please also.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2008 - 1:08pm

good luck :)

Finn's a total omnivore, but I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have to tackle sticky rice first I think :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle