Traditional Japanese toy?

iVillage Member
Traditional Japanese toy?
Tue, 02-19-2008 - 9:16am
I have a new ESL/adult learner through literacy council from Japan. She brought Finn a traditional Japanese toy, but we can't figure out what to do with it. It's 3 pieces of paper that are folded, almost like boats, and have circles of shiny material in places. I'm going to check on Asiaforkids.com and see if I can figure it out. Unfortunately all the instructions are in kanji, so I can't figure it out like I could if it was in hiragana.
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2008 - 12:48am
Do you have a picture of it? Or can we find one online?

Bilingual Families

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2008 - 7:37am
sorry can't find a picture :( it's pieces of paper (almost look like origami paper) and they're folded... almost look like boats when you unfold them. Can't even find a description online to say what they're called
Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2008 - 9:56am
I saw you mention in another thread that Finn figured out what the toy was. Now that you know what it is, can you find a picture so we can see what it is?

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 8:41am
ack, I'm still not finding anything online :( everything was "how to make a Japanese paper ball with origami" and this wasn't origami. The balls just came flat in the package and Finn had to blow into the shiny hole and the balls filled up.
Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle