Five fantastic things for Friday!

iVillage Member
Five fantastic things for Friday!
Fri, 02-22-2008 - 8:19am

What's been fantastic in your world since last Friday?

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2008 - 8:24am

1) I met my new ESL/adult learner on Monday. She's really nice and has pretty good English, although there were a few points in her speech that would have let me know that Japanese is her first language if I was speaking to her on the phone. She brought a gift for Finn (he figured out what they are yay! lol), inflatable paper balloons.

2) Meal planning is going very well with the "Saving Dinner" books, in that I have the plan so I'm not worrying about dinner. However, the last 2 dishes have bombed with dh and Finn. I decided that the Ginger beef would be tonight; hopefully it'll go well.

3) DH commented that he's very impressed with the improvements in the apartment.... he's noticing the improvements from Flylady :)

4) Finn's been getting better in the last day about not calling me by my given name, which he was doing very badly the beginning of the week, obviously pushing my buttons.

5) Today, dh has the day off and we're going to go out shopping and a bunch of other stuff once he wakes.

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2008 - 10:00am

Oh, boy.. 5 fantastic things in my life since last Friday...are...uhm...

1. We now have 3 loud noisy machines drying the wall and ceiling of our kitchen. LOL. That is a good thing, because it means they have finally fixed all the holes in the roof so the kitchen can dry and we are one step closer to getting our kitchen repaired/back.

2. I found out that I did get the internship at the place I wanted. It starts in a week. (Now I just hope they want to hire me permanently too.)

3. The days are getting much longer and it is noticeable now.

4. I went to the gym a few times this week.. I should still go at least once more this weekend.

5. It's Friday! That's a fantastic thing in and of itself.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2008 - 11:01am

1. I got to insert a NG (feeding)

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 8:31am

woohoo! a repaired kitchen will be good. Did you have a bad storm or something or where the holes just from normal wear-and-tear?

congrats on the internship and good luck on it becoming a permanent job :)

that's wonderful your days are getting longer. I don't know about here in Michigan; it's been so bitterly cold that it's hard to tell on the length of days

hmmm the gym... once I'm finally able to get my breast reduction I so want to start using the gym. There's one that's free because of the complex we rent our apartment in, but I'd much rather go to Curves for Women. Of course, I may not need to since once spring hits here, Finn's and my bikes will be coming out and we will be riding as much as possible.

hehe yup, Friday. my dh was off and we went out and did a bunch. Then when we got home, we worked on the habitats of our snakes and feed them. Although are python was a butt; he shedded last night, after his tank had been cleaned while he was eating and made a huge mess.... he's scratching on his branch and such even kept us awake awhile

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 8:36am

I can imagine it would be exciting and scary. You weren't horribly scared, were you? And you probably had another nurse nearby to help if you needed it.

LOL I relate... when we were out shopping yesterday, dh saw on a bank sign that it was 22... that's a big deal for us with the cold weather we've been having.

Great that you're feeling better. I'm so looking forward to spring. Even taking the dog out stinks because of this cold. A few times she's even thought it was too cold and she loves winter.

yay! clean house. DH has been noticing the improvements from me doing Flylady again, although there was the moment of confusion when I got nail polish remover and he said "But you don't wear nail polish" and I held out my hands (with nails desperately needing repolished) and said "I have been for the last week." lol

oh that's great on the classes. I wish I could find gifted computer classes for Finn locally. I just don't understand computers enough and he's settling in to use it for computer games, the internet, in *average* ways when he could do so much better if he just had someone who knew about computers and could teach him. What classes is Janessa taking?

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 4:34pm

The patients nurse was right there talking me through the insertion.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 4:36pm
I don't know if I told you before but I did Curves and really liked it.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 4:59pm

well at least you have the experience *under your belt*

those classes sound great. and the summer thing would be fun. I relate on missing... Finn really wants to go to cybercamp and next year he'll be old enough to go to the weeklong

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 5:00pm
As a recovering anorexic, the idea of working out around men just really isn't comfortable to me. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if I'd get more guidance at Curves, both for my anorexia and my chest muscles once I get my reduction
Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle