Five Fantastic Things for Friday!

iVillage Member
Five Fantastic Things for Friday!
Fri, 03-07-2008 - 9:48am

What's been fantastic in your world since last Friday?

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-07-2008 - 10:00am

1) Finn's really taking off in the past week with his hiragana and katakana, especially his katakana. Even better, he's not just learning to write his kana better than he had been, but he's been systematically working to remember the sounds that go with the kana. I just hope after this just shy of a week visit with his dad and my parents that he doesn't forget everything he's learned; his dad won't help with homeschooling and my parents are very negative towards anything Japanese so I couldn't send his Japanese writing books with him.

2) While we got some flurries the other night, the snow is steadily starting to melt (as the ice that there hasn't been any salt to take care of because of shortages) and over all we're really starting to head towards spring. Need to get to work on my spring equinox study soon :D

3) While my German started to slip quite a bit after no more Rosetta Stone, I've been finding that I've been managing to use more German with Finn, forcing me to learn some new words. I need to work on a few phrases still: "I'll be right back", "pick that up please", and "be quiet"

4) With Finn away until Wednesday, I'm planning to start today with serious writing for the WriLiMarCha writing challenge from the Writing Life board.

5) My partner and I went shopping last night and bought things like pizza and frozen meals. I decided with my period being this week that I wouldn't meal plan and he agreed that was a good idea. So now I have time to make up my meal plan starting from the 15th. Just need to finish my shopping list. I love "Saving Dinner"!

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-07-2008 - 5:26pm

Hi Joelle!

1. The best part was to be back home from the business trip and see my family. I was away for more than a week on a business trip to Israel

2. The weather is gorgeous. Anna spends a lot of time outside just roaming and exploring. It's a lot of fun to see her enjoying her new mobility.

3. We had a long talk with my DH last night about honesty. It was brought upon by this article: http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/. I love those long talks where we just share our opinions on the topics and talk long into the evening. That's what makes me feel really close.

4. I went out for lunch twice with my colleagues instead of eating in our company cafeteria.

5. I got a new haircut! Lars hate it, but I am used to it, he has this long hair fetish. Sorry, it's so not happening here, my hair is too fine for this. Maybe he gets more luck with our daughter :)

<

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-08-2008 - 7:29am

Wow, Israel on a business trip. Enjoy your family :) Do you know yet the next time you'll have to go on a trip?

That is great when they are just getting mobile and exploring, before they start getting mischievous and into everything.

Very interesting article about honesty; thanks for sharing.

woohoo! out for lunch. The last place I worked at only had a tiny gift shop so you had to brown bag it or go out, but lunch out with friends is better :)

poor Lars lol. some people just do not have the hair for long hair. Myself, my hair at its longest of down to the small of my back was compared to Janis Joplin's, both in wildness and color. Of course, mine is growing out right now. For awhile we really couldn't afford all the condition I needed so I got it cut off about my shoulders and donated 12" to Locks of Love.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 5:55am

Well quick suggestions, for be quiet...it is really polite...really polite...you can say ruhe bitte. To say shut up, which I doubt is what you mean but I will tell you anyway, it is halt die klappe. I wish I had a good one for I'll be right back...but I should really pay attention when people say something close to that...the nurse said something this morning to that effect but I didn't quite understand her since she said gehts and I started following her until she went into the exam room, I only needed blutnehmen. Hmm and the other also no idea...I should also learn more German...ugh...I can at least get food at the bakery and can say if I want to eat there or not!

1. The baby is still growing quite a bit and it amazes me...

2. I am finally putting on weight...found out this morning. I was losing and I didn't have morning sickness.

3. We are slowly talking names and I am coming to the realization that we might not agree on some names. Though he thinks He is picking the name.

4. It is getting warmer, Frühlings is coming!!!!!!! I am beginning to change my mind about liking winter. Now that I live so far up north I think Spring is my favorite season.

5. It is light longer and longer every week. No more darkness at 4!!!!

pregnancy

What my LMP says --^---

What my Doctor says

pregnancy calendar

Photobucket

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 8:02am

danke. ruhe bitte is probably better lol. ugh, I wish I could figure out "be right back"... I've tried online translators, coming up with something myself. I do need to look up the phrase; I seem to remember a native German speaker giving me a suggestion on the board once, but I can't remember.

Yay on the improvements with pregnancy. I had really bad morning sickness with Finn, well into the second trimester; I was so glad to be done with it.

Ack on the name choosing. That can be so hard. Are you trying for a German name, or maybe a family member's name(s)? Hopefully it works out, getting your dh to compromise. I always laugh at the story of my brother's naming; my mom and her first husband couldn't agree over the middle name- both wanted to use their dad's first name for my brother's middle name. Well he spent a week nameless when a nurse asked my mom while her husband was out of the room so my mom used her dad's name lol

Yup, Fruehling. I'm looking forward to it. I have to make a shopping list soon :D : sun block, a golf umbrella . While I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, I don't look forward to being extra careful about the sun again. With how much I do in the evenings, the longer days are definitely nicer.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 8:27am

I think I mention something before about coming soon....Ich komme gleich, I come soon/I am

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 11:55am

lol maybe it was you :D Ich komme zuruck gleich looks right but then I'm not sure :D

Magdalena, with Lena for short, is nice. hm I can't think of any German boys' names other than Adolph at the moment, and I'm guessing that's another name you'd want to avoid

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle