Five Fantastic Things for Friday!

iVillage Member
Five Fantastic Things for Friday!
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 8:33am
What's been fantastic in your world?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 8:38am

1) Yesterday my partner and I went to the district court and *got legal* lol. I couldn't help it and started laughing at some of the word choice in the vows (like faithfullness and service). We had a nice dinner at a mongolian bbq afterward and went to the mall for awhile; I needed a new bra desperately.

2) My partner and I had another talk about my getting a breast reduction since he'll be able to put me on his insurance soon. Because of the size I want to go from/to (from a DD/DDD down to an A) it's possible that my nipples will have to be moved and that could lead to permanent loss of sensation. Well my partner cares more about all the benefits than that potentiallty (think I just made up a word lol)

3) Finn's coming around a bit and speaking more German

4) My multivitamins are almost done and then I'm going to switch over to a liquid vitamin so I can have vegetarian vitamins.

5) Spring weather is finally getting here to Michigan.

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 4:44pm

Congrats on you and your partner "becoming legal" ;).

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 4:47pm

1. I am almost finished with all my school work....I will be able to enjoy spring break soon!

2. I have been walking a mile or more every day this week....except for today since it is snowing here.

3. I got all my laundry done yesterday.

4. We finished our taxes....we should

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 8:14pm

Our response to anyone who's been wondering about the big wedding et al has been stuff like "We need a computer more than a wedding dress." or "My car needs replaced; a church wedding will make it take longer before that can happen." etc. It is looking like I'm going to have to accept mil's wedding band; out of her 3 children, my partner was the only one she has/had a hope of ever getting married. We might get a nice chain or something for me to wear it on; I never wear jewelry so it's either a chain or keeping it safely tucked in a box.

Ack, I feel for your friend. That's been my exact situation for years now. I got a quote about 5 or 6 years ago now... $5500 for the reduction and the lipo I need in the arm pit area. I can only imagine what BC/BS will end up paying these years later. I believe $6000 is what I read on Total Health as being the lowest costing reduction currently. Probably Monday my partner will go to HR and get things taken care of. He's going to get out the insurance stuff so I can pick a family doctor; I'm even choosier than he is so he knows I'll pick someone we both can stand :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 8:18pm

yay for spring break. Are you going anywhere or just relaxing at home with your family?

that's great that you're walking. I need to ask my partner again about getting our bikes off the balcony. He wants to see if the bike shop that he bought his bike from (being 6'6", he needed to go to a real bike shop, not just Walmart or such, to get a bike tall enough for him) if they'll work over my bike... a little Huffy we picked up from Walmart lol

congrats on the laundry. I'm caught up on washing/drying, but not putting away. However we just got back from meeting my ex for Finn to have a visit so I'm relaxing :D

I forget if you mentioned already, but do you have a new hairstyle in mind?

ack, I still need to get my tax forms from the library... my partner keeps reminding me lol... but not having been employed at all last year, I don't have much to fill in :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 9:35pm

I finally started wearing a wedding ring but it was because DH wanted me to more than I wanted to.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 9:39pm

I'm just staying home.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-22-2008 - 8:53am

Well like my mil pointed out, we can always do it later. Neither of us are overly concerned though. The name changing, the ceremony, all those things that are hyped in the US around getting married just aren't important to us. But yes, we will be looking for a nice chain for me; mil really wants me to have her wedding band (since her other 2 kids are not likely to ever marry). Since I already lost my maternal grandma's ring from not wanting to wear it, I like a chain to wear my mil's ring around my neck is in order lol

nods, looking at the ring finger... when I'm around homeschoolers in my town, I have this habit of covering my left hand lol. However at UU it's no big. We have plenty of married couples who've done things like hyphenate or just keep their names. One friend even made her married name by taking her mom's maiden name and hyphenating it with her husband's last name.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-22-2008 - 8:55am

The museum sounds found. Did you see that a show "Walking with Dinosaurs" is on Sunday evening on Animal Planet? I'm recording it for Finn since he'll be at my parents and they might poo-poo him staying up to 11p to watch it lol

hm, a longer bob would be nice. That's kinda what I got when I donated to locks of love

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-24-2008 - 7:04am

Congrats on becoming legal, Joelle!

My DH and I did that just over a year and a half ago after being together for 8 years.

Fantastic things for my weekend.. Friday & Monday are holidays, so a 4 day weekend here! Yay!

The cats and I spent a few days with my in-laws, DH stayed home. :)

I'm liking my job.

Pages