Five Fantastic Things for Friday!

iVillage Member
Five Fantastic Things for Friday!
Fri, 03-28-2008 - 6:04am
What's been fantastic in your world?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2008 - 6:11am

1) my partner went to Best Buy last night and got his new laptop so within the week he should have his *old* laptop (as in the one he bought just after Christmas) ready for Finn and I to use. Then once Finn's earned it by showing improvement in helping out and academics, the one I'm using now will be passed to him as a game computer (it's horribly slow with the internet, media players, but runs great with many games)

2) We checked out "Grave of the Fireflies" from the library yesterday and while it was very sad (WWII setting, 2 Japanese orphans), it was still an excellent lesson on Japanese language, culture, and history.

3) As part of what led to checking out the movie, I cleared out my account at the local credit union (it had $10.32 lol) and then used the money to splurge on Finn and myself, plus getting my partner a Nerds rope.

4) I found an online internet tv (tvexe.com) and another one (forget the url, but it was close to the top of the search, so I don't think it'll be too hard to find). Once the computer swap has happened, then I'll be able to do internet foreign tv. The only problem... can someone in Japan tell me what Japanese channels tend to run "Anpanman"?

5) I got

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2008 - 2:32pm

- My first fantastic thing for today is just the fact that it is Friday! Work has been busy, but enjoyable and next week will be even crazier.

- I signed my contract for my job! I'm a working girl!!!

- I'm really loving my job. I've been learning so much these last few weeks. It's slowly making sense and I'm learning more every day.

- DH is heading out in the morning for a week long work trip. While I am sad to see him go, I also like having some alone-me time. I think me and the kitties will get ourselves a little treat this week. :)

- Daylight savings time is this weekend..our days are going to be so much longer starting Sunday. I love daylight!!! Hopefully spring weather and temps will follow.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2008 - 7:37am

congrats on the contract and the job!

yup, alone time is good :)

lol... daylight savings is good. It already happened here in the US

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2008 - 5:03pm
The US changed like 3 weeks ago.. It's been messing up my time. I'm not sure what time it is in the US when I want to call my family. LOL

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2008 - 9:09am
yup about 3 weeks. ack, that would be rough.... I used to have several friends who I messaged with in Germany; that as always hard, remembering the time change
Love and Light, Joelle

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2008 - 7:21am
I have the same...no my family has that problem with the time change. Luckily they live on the East Coast so it is only 6 hours. My grandmother can never remember and when they changed to Daylight savings before us she got confused again, lol. It is nice being so sunny!!!
pregnancy calendar

Photobucket

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker