Five Fantastic Things For Friday!

iVillage Member
Five Fantastic Things For Friday!
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 2:42pm
What's been fantastic in your world since last Friday?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 2:48pm

1) I got an idea for counting books for Finn in German and Japanese. I got the German book mostly made. From 1-21. I used clipart for the objects ("eins Elefant"- one elephant etc). The pages are all glued and such. I made the last page a picture of me and "meine Mutter". After we go to the Iraq War protest tonight, we're going over to Officemax to get ideas of how to put the pages together.

2) I finally figured out how the speech recognition page in Rosetta Stone works. In the first lesson (I only have the free demo at the moment), I tried the first two or so pages and found that I have an almost native pronunciation on words like "man", "woman", "boy", and "girl"

3) I've been enjoying the "Kids Speak German" book a lot, although I need to go in it and see if it has the phrase "Pay attention!" in it :D

4) I found on the "World Talk German" cd-rom that we can do the quiz game with Finn and I, rather than either of us against the computer.

5) I've gotten a few possible connections to German things in my town; I just need to follow up on them. Thankfully one is the high school German teacher, who'll be coming to speak at my church on Sunday.

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.