Teaching/learning "the alphabet"

iVillage Member
Teaching/learning "the alphabet"
Thu, 05-08-2008 - 9:28am
I guess this question is more for those who are still in the process of learning another language and/or teaching a non-community language to their children.
I'm struggling with saying/singing the alphabet in German. So far, I've only found a kids' song that is bilingual; first you hear the English and then German. It's made it impossible for me to learn and by extension, teach Finn, the alphabet in German. Now I know that I do better with total immersion (like Rosetta Stone) but we haven't been able to buy Rosetta Stone German yet and I'm not even certain they have the alphabet on it, although I wouldn't be surprised. Does anyone know of any websites that have audio files of the alphabet? It's funny how some of the letter names sound similar in English and German and how others are totally different (like "why" in English and "ipsilon" in German for *y*)
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2008 - 11:38am
Have you tried YouTube?

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2008 - 7:05am
lol, I didn't even think of youtube. Yeah, I found a bunch there, of course of all different quality. I'll have to see if I can find a real good one
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.