What are you doing this summer?

iVillage Member
What are you doing this summer?
Mon, 06-16-2008 - 7:51am
Does your family have any special plans? Travel to areas/countries where one of your family's languages is spoken? Have you had weird weather so far this season?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Follow me to these boards:
Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2008 - 7:57am
We have a busy summer planned this year. Finn has BSA day camp from the 24-27 of this month, church camp the first week of July, camping with grandma and grandpa the second week, gymnastics camp the last 3 weeks of July, VBS at my parents' church the first week of August, and finally BSA Labor Day family camping with grandpa and me the last week of August. In there somewhere will be visits to his dad's plus we're not stopping homeschooling for the summer; we'll be doing history, language arts, science, German, and Japanese around the camping.
When Finn's with my parents, he may get to hear some German. My paternal grandma is starting to speak a little bit more with Finn as he gets stronger, but her German still isn't very strong either from years of unuse. I'm going to remind them to see if anything's happening at the German social hall near them while he's with them.
As for my plans, overall around camping and homeschooling, I'll be taking part in the J-WAT writing competition on the Writing Exercise board http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bcafter . The goal is to write 50K words (about the average word count of a novel) in a month. Last year, I was several thousand words over 50K; I hope to do that again.
Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2008 - 7:54pm

Julian will stay at his daycare this summer.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2008 - 7:28am
oh it sounds like Janessa and Julian have great camping going on too. That's wonderful how your mom's helping out with Janessa day camp. A Buddhist "camp"? That sounds wonderful. I'm hoping for some UU camping next year, but I'm having issues finding anything in Michigan. So far I've only found that the UU fellowship of Ann Arbor has family camp; that's about 3 hrs away from me. yay for outdoors in Seattle. and a visit from the ILs. a chance to use your Spanish will be great.
Love and Light, Joelle

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2008 - 2:04pm
Actually, we are flying to Germany in July. First we will fly from CA to NJ, where we will attend 60th birthday party for my mom and spend a few days with my parents. Then we will fly to Cologne and spend a couple of days with my BIL and SIL. From there we will drive to Bremen, where my parents-in-law are. My DH and Anna will stay there for more than a week while I fly to UK and work from our UK office. Then we will repeat the route back to CA. So July will be a busy months, but the rest of the month is life as usual - me working, DH taking care of our toddler. He says that she is using more German words with him, it sounds like she is starting to sort out her languages and understand the difference between "mama words" and "papa words".

annasig2_June.jpg picture by MightyMouseAnna

Thank you, Angie (iv_angel8199),

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2008 - 6:25am
oh that trip sounds wonderful :) and how great that she's starting to separate her languages
lol I was just thinking about Bremen yesterday; I named a property in our Deutschland-opoly game after Bremen.
Love and Light, Joelle

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2008 - 11:32am

It is hard to describe.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2008 - 3:43pm
yup, I'm comforted by Finn's (mostly) openmindedness about religion; my only worry is that he's too quick to associate fundamentalist Christian with *all* Christianity.
well it sounds fun :D even if it defies description
Love and Light, Joelle

Photobucket

Homeschooling

Love and Light, Joelle