How is your summer going?

iVillage Member
How is your summer going?
Mon, 07-21-2008 - 7:34am
Has it been too hot to be outside? Or just right? Have you been running with stuff or relaxing? What about camps and vacations?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-21-2008 - 7:36am
I seem to be having a long, hard summer. We've had quite a few hot spells that have necessitated AC and staying in. Also I've been struggling with health issues; at least I have the date for my breast reduction surgery now (Aug 22nd!!). I had a car accident last week (no one hurt, but the car has some rather expensive body damage to be fixed) so that's put the kabash on some camping, some trips etc. Right now, I'm looking most forward to my son's last camp of the summer (last weekend of this month), my surgery, and getting the estimate on getting the car fixed, to find out just how long we won't be able to eat as well as we've gotten used to
Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2008 - 9:12am

I stopped working now, and on monday I am 9 months pregnant and def feeling it! Tourist season is now in full swing since the kids are out of school, so my DH can't get a parking space and I fight with tourist at the grocery store or when I want to walk around. They like to look in every window! That and the beach was really crowded when I went for a walk earlier...there was also some rescue competition going on. I watched it for a short time. I felt weird being the old fully clothed person on the beach, but I was walking. It was also weird that I didn't see any other pregnant women. I normally see a lot, but I didn't see one other today. Heh...I was thinking of going to the beach but at 9 months preggers I am not sure. It is suppose to get really hot this next weekend and week and I would like to enjoy what I can outside without being stuck in the apt all day. The internet is rotting my brain and making me want the baby to hurry up and get here. I need to distract myself...

The sumer has been fairly pleasant, last summer it only rained. This summer it has been much nicer aside from me being pregnant. I am having trouble breathing at times and like today when I walk a lot my fingers get sooo swollen and walking becomes really difficult. I can't wait to be back to normal, because I do love to walk on the beach in warm weather. With the sweet Baltic sea wind blowing...its soo nice.

As for anything else, just waiting to see when I go into labor. We are pretty much ready for the baby now. My DH waited awhile but the beginning of this month he bought the crib and car seat and last weekend we got the changing table. Now we are just trying to pick out a stroller. I already went clothing shopping and my MIL is doing the rest. Since she won't buy things until closer to my due date or once she is born I don't feel so prepared, but I know it will be taken care of. It is weird not having any diapers, but I know I will.

Not sure what else...:) I just hope it doesn't get too hot.

pregnancy calendar

german movin flagPregnant with #1

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 7:54am
awww almost time. good luck with delivery and all. I remember how long it seemed to take once I made it to 8 months pregnant with Finn; I was beyond ready to have him lol. At least the weather is cooperating for you. Ugh, tourists looking into every window. How rude.
Love and Light, Joelle

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 5:41am

You should see normal people when they pass by a car they think looks nice. Never seen anything like that before in my life. They go up to the car and look all around it, then cup their hands to look inside!!! At first I thought maybe they were checking the car out to steal it. I saw this from my window, and then I realized they were just curious about the car and putting their hands and face all over it. It was crazy. I see this daily. Germans can be weird!

As for the tourist...yea...every shop window. They stop right in front of you while you are trying to walk. Ok Germans do this as a whole...you walk and all of a sudden they stop! For what, half the time I can't tell! To look at something, to talk to someone, to god knows what!

At 9 months pregnant everything annoys me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pregnancy calendar

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 7:15am
it can be funny, the way people of different cultures act. lol on the stopping and looking
Love and Light, Joelle

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 1:00pm
I know how it feels to be pregnant in summer.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-30-2008 - 1:57am
I have been going to the beach. It is a bit warm and the water is soo cool. But I can't really swim, which sucks. If I see a jelly fish I freak out which makes it hard to get comfortable to swim around. I know I am a wimp, and the jelly fish aren't dangerous. I just don't like those jelly globs swimming around me. There aren't so many, but the paranoia and fear is strong! lol.
pregnancy calendar

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-30-2008 - 8:47am
It's an understandable fear though since some jelly fish are capable of really hurting people. None of the ones in your area though, I take it?
Love and Light, Joelle

Love and Light, Joelle