ATVM- At This Very Moment

iVillage Member
ATVM- At This Very Moment
Mon, 07-28-2008 - 8:16am

idea borrowed from another board

At this very moment...

1) Do you have a plan for today?

2) Have you heard a language other than English?

3) Is the sun out where you are?

4) Have you had breakfast yet? What was it?

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2008 - 8:19am

1) Do you have a plan for today?

not precisely, although I know I need to write at least 3000-ish words for J-WAT, take my dog out, and spend some time homeschooling Finn. I also know we need to leave around 4pm to ride our bikes to his gymnastics class. I am planning to go to the library after that, but I have to figure out how many of our books to return I'll be able to handle on my back.

Nothing other tiny bits of German I've said to Finn and I've been irritated with him this morning so less German than usual has been coming out :(

3) Is the sun out where you are?

From what I can see through the doorwall, it looks like the sun is still coming up, although it's 8:19am here

4) Have you had breakfast yet? What was it?

I still need to go look. I'm drinking a cup of green tea right now though

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 12:55pm

At this very moment...

1) Do you have a plan for today? clean the house, go shopping for food, do laundry

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-30-2008 - 8:49am

ah, did you have anything planned beside housework? :D

oh I'd love to get to that point with German, hearing more of it than German.

Love and Light, Joelle

Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 5:04am

At this very moment...

1) Do you have a plan for today? Not really, I do have to go buy bread and shower still...but I am tired...

2) Have you heard a language other than English? Yes German, but right now CNN is on and it is in English...I think I may switch to music.

3) Is the sun out where you are? For the time being, it was raining. It is also really really windy.

4) Have you had breakfast yet? What was it? Yes, cereal and raisin bread

pregnancy calendar

german movin flagPregnant with #1

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 7:00am

Aww I remember how I was always tired the last few months I was pregnant with Finn; I was so glad that co-sleeping and nursing allowed me to catch on my sleep :D Not much longer for you though :)

I have English music on at the moment, but will probably change over to German music in a bit. I'm in the mood for political, activist music at the moment and I have yet to find music German music that fits that bill. Rammstein has a few songs, like "Amerika", that can be listened to as political, although in interviews I've heard both Richard and Till deny it's meant to be political. That's about it though. Annette Louisan is so pop lol

It's gray here this morning too. Although that's not too bad, since in an hour or two, I'll be walking to my polling spot to vote.

hm breakfast I should do that too lol. Cereal is good, although I'm leaning toward oatmeal this morning. There's only crappy, sugary kids' cereal in my apartment at the moment.

Love and Light, Joelle

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 1:59am

I am only sleeping good every other night, and last night was not one of them. So I am tired again. Plus I had to be up early for these worker guys to come look at our gas lines and such. Ok we don't have gas but the pipe is still there. If no one was home they would break the door down. So of course I am here and I also have a neighbors key now...but waiting to see what they want to do. Ha ha one asked if I would be in the house today, yes and pointed at my belly saying 'Na klar!' It was good it wasn't tomorrow, I have

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 7:15am

Actually, it was my partner who picked the crappy sugary kids cereal, not my kid lol

well imho Rammstein's music does tend to be political in a way, often in the "personal is political" type way, even if Richard and Till say it's not.

ugh I avoid TV, except for channels like Animal Planet and Discovery, and you still have to deal with some campaign commercials there. I too am very sick of the name calling. Those tire pressure gauges are a great idea; too many people, especially women, in the US don't think of that. I was raised in a very suburban way and I'm still trying to make up for car maintenance stuff I was never taught.

lol "na klar"... well hopefully there'll be no more worries with that gas line

Love and Light, Joelle

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2008 - 5:19am

Thats ok, if my DH actually buys cereal he buys these chocolate rice crispies...which I hate! I swear normally he eats more chocolate than me, right now I got him beat though.....I have a thing for ice cream. That and I started stashing my chocolate since he made a comment about my weight and eating and I just need to discipline myself...ugh men! I am only up 35lbs as of my last appt...Ok it is 10 more than I wanted but I am not really eating bad, so I am confused as to why I gained so much in the past month. The majority of my weigth gain was in July...sigh...almost over.

As I learn more German the lyrics become interesting to say the least. I tried to look up political music and couldn't find a thing. There are a lot of German bands but I guess they tend not to get to political if they are in the main stream. Most music here is pretty happy go lucky...

Thankfully no campaigns commercials here! Which reminds me I need to send in my absentee ballot stuff. I wish we had more channels than the basic...I mean ok there are about 30 of them, but most are about food! I don't know what the Germans obsession with food and XXL food is. Ok my favorite shows are about food! But that is because that is what is on and what I got to liking. I am unfortunately watching too much MTV but that is because most of it is in English...and crap. I need to learn more German so I can watch other shows...but they are boring. During the day is those crap talk shows Sally Jessie like...not really so out there like Jerry, but they are boring and mostly young kids...err teenagers.

I hope no more with the gas line, they finished up with us but I don't think they are done with some other flats. So we will see if I will be asked to babysit a key again...it only took them 2 days to actually pick it up! Then both people who live there stopped by for it.....the 2nd one the guy was like you still have my key, my DH is like no, the guy said yea, my DH said to look and lo and behold...he has his key already......people...ugh...

pregnancy calendar

german movin flagPregnant with #1

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2008 - 7:13am

well 35 lbs isn't really *that much*; I've known women who gained much more in pregnancy. I don't remember how much I gained with Finn, but I'm a bad example because I'm a recovering anorexic... I was starving myself when I got pregnant, tried to hide it until I was about 5 or 6 months along, and then I had various stressors that caused me not to eat... and to get lectured by my doctor. I agree; ugh, men... sometimes they really just don't get it. I've been looking at chocolate; I decided there's no reason that I shouldn't be vegan, after all I've read/seen etc so now I'm looking for vegan chocolate. I do believe I'll miss Milka chocolate more than I miss cheese and that was my big worry lol

Have you listened to much German hip hop? I find Fettes Brot so interesting, although I tend to understand less of the German in their music than, say, Rammstein or Annette Louisan. I'm finding quite a bit of luck in understading "Juli" and "LaFee". Rammstein is fun though; even if they have phrases I'm not teaching Finn for now. Or like "Stein um Stein" where I've been teaching him the words' translations into English, but leaving him to not understand exactly what Till is meaning lol. I had fun with the lesson about word order being different sometimes from music to speech with the line "Mauer ich dich ein."

You know, I get frustrated often with the music section on Yahoo! Deutschland; too much English, if you ask me. I guess, if you think about it, depending on what you consider "good food", lots of German food can fit that. As a vegetarian, I find harder to do that, although I've been working to replace lots of traditional German goods I enjoyed growing up with vegetarian versions. I figured out once how to make a vegan Spaetzle.

lol at the guy and the key. 2 days? yeah hopefully you don't have to babysit a key again

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2008 - 8:24am

Yea I know it isn't too much, but he looks at the other girls around here and his ex (who was not pregnant with his child) and thinks I should be smaller. Too me they look like they need to gain some weight...it is skin and bones then belly. And before I got pregnant I was not slim. I wasn't maybe skinny, but I wasn't fat. At 5'7' I was 164lbs...So I hate hate hate when he tells me to watch what I eat...

I don't know how you can go vegan, but good for you. I could do vegetarian...ok maybe back in the US, it is way too hard here, but never vegan...I love cheese waaaayyy too much. Ok wait chocolate has milk in it...yea, I couldn't do vegan. I just could not do without cheese...now I am thinking of my Green Olives filled with frishkäse...mmmmm!!!

I have listened to Fettes Brot

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker

Pages