Five Fantastic Things For Friday

iVillage Member
Five Fantastic Things For Friday
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 9:08am
What's been fantastic in your world since last Friday?
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 9:42am

1) The Olympics starts tomorrow and I have all my notes on times for the men's gymnastics is on, except for the men's all-around finals, which I'm still looking for.

2) I feel ready to get back to homeschooling my son when he gets home next Friday. I had fun looking over the "Keys to Fractions" workbook.

3) The weather has been a bit cooler the past few days, in the mid 70s; we have thunderstorms to thank for that.

4) The vigil last night at my UU fellowship for the shooting at the Knoxville, Tennesee UU church went well.

5) I got the chance to talk to a German-speaking friend after the vigil about Finn's refusal to say "Auf Wiederhoeren." She's going to think on it more. He responds to "Auf Wiederhoern" (good bye on the tellphone) with "Auf Wiedersehen" (good bye in person).

Love and Light, Joelle
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2008 - 3:59am

Joelle,

just a quick note on Auf Wiedersehen/Auf Wiederhören. I wouldn't stress too much about it. It really doesn't matter.

I guess which one to use

Siggy I-village

&nbsp
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2008 - 6:47am
oh I don't really worry about it. More it just perturbs me that he absolutely refuses to use the phrase. I'm not exactly sure why, although I have the suspicion that it's just his continuing growth in comfortability speaking German on the phone; he very rarely gets to do it and only with me.
Love and Light, Joelle
Homeschooling mom to a 9yr old hydrogen molecule.

Do you homeschool??? Please join me in chat!
Sunday night from 9-11pm EST in the Homeschooling Chatroom or join PST people from 9-11pm PST.

Love and Light, Joelle