Rosetta Stone German arrived!!!!

iVillage Member
Rosetta Stone German arrived!!!!
Wed, 01-21-2009 - 9:32am
I'd stopped checking on the website I bought it from and my set of RS German arrived. I was so thrilled when I opened it. The company had a special page telling how to install on Windows Vista; this has been a known problem for awhile that it's tricky to get RS to work on Vista. I started last night with testing myself in Level 1, Unit 1. I got up to Lesson 5 before my memory didn't hold. This morning I set myself as a student in our homeschool tracker database program to keep track of where I am. Now I just need to start keeping track on how much time I spend so I can make sure I spend at least 15mins a day. I can't wait to get Finn going on it. I haven't figured out yet how to access the curriculum text on the cd-rom.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-21-2009 - 10:43am

I've seen the Rosetta commercials all over the place...I'll be interested to know how good the program is.

Keep us updated! :)

cmsig-1.jpg picture by trpittser

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-21-2009 - 3:05pm
well for me this is "finally owning my own copy." I've gotten to use the demo, the complete program through my public library, a 7 day trial of the version 3 homeschooling edition, and I love the program. But putting buying the cd-roms into my budget took some doing. I ended up buying a used copy of German Level 1 and 2 (equivalent to about 8000+ words of German vocab or two years of high school German by many colleges' counts) for $99 from foreignlanguagestudy.org

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-23-2009 - 1:08pm
That is exciting!

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-02-2009 - 3:52am
So exciting! How are the lessons with Finn going?
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-02-2009 - 9:51am
He's going. In level 1, unit 1, lesson 2. He's happy moving at his slow pace, while checking out where I am (up in lessons 10). Just recently I started using the format of our English spelling curriculum with the Rosetta Stone words and that's going well. When it came to writing sentences using his German spelling words, he found he was able to make simple sentences in German better than he thought he would, although I did help with spelling on some words that were above his level.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle