Whacky Wednesday

iVillage Member
Whacky Wednesday
Wed, 02-04-2009 - 8:03am

Ok, as Maggie was just whining a few minutes ago I put her on her belly and she is talking up a storm and happy as can be.....I am sure will start crying soon.

So whacky...Let's talk about something whacky or strange that has happened to you!

For me, I was on the tram sometime last year on my home from work. I had a book in my hand, I always do to keep me busy. So I had sat down and 2 minutes into the ride this old woman started talking to me. Well she was talking all in German, and my German is rather....bad at times. On top of the fact that I couldn' even hear her. So she kept talking, I looked at her smiled, nodded my head, but never said anything. 20 minutes goes by of this. I never said, seriously, more than 2 words and the whole time I had the book in my hand hoping I could read. She just kept talking till she got off at a stop. I was ready to get off just to get her to stop talking. I had to hear about her alcoholic son and her daughter or daughter IL...someone in her family was crazy...She just kept talking!!! I couldn't understand how you can have a 20 minute conversation when the other person isn't talking.

:) Have a lovely wednesday!!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Zweiter Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-04-2009 - 11:58pm

That happened to me one the plane once too! Only the woman went on and on about immigration issues ....... um my husband is an immigrant lady! I tried to ignore her ( some people are not worth arguing with) I even read my book and she didn't get the hit. Then at the end of the flight she told me how much she liked talking to me and how she really felt a spiritual connection between us even though we just met!!!!! She was Wacky!

I also like to think of Wednesday as "hump day"! Maybe that can be a theme for next week!!! haha
- Gina

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 12:12am
Dh had to go to the ER last year because he hurt his knee (it was fine just twisted it).

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 4:02am

She at least spoke in a language you can understand...I couldn't understand this woman. lol

Spiritual connection? That would have ruined my flight. I like quiet on planes. I can't understand when people see a book they go on talking, don't they realize that the person wants to actually READ that book. lol!

Hump day it is next week!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 4:05am
I totally agree...I hate when people talk politics and the other doesn't. I get asked about politics here when someone realizes I am American. Especially if the other person doesn't agree...it is just rude. From what I learned politics is one of those no-no subjects unless both agree to speak about it, like religion. Those two you never just start talking about, one person can easy get mad or riled up and it can easily turn into an argument. That is why those two subjects are no-no's, especially among strangers.
Photobucket