Fantabulous Friday!

iVillage Member
Fantabulous Friday!
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 4:30am

What are you doing this weekend? Anything you look forward to?

This afternoon my MIL is picking me up, to spend time with DD before my DH gets off of work. Today is her 50th birthday. Not sure how it will go, but I do know I have to sit at her flat with her DH until my DH arrives...our communication is not so good. So I will sit there and watch them play with DD....sigh....but that means my DH and I actually have the weekend to ourselves now. Since we see MIL today we won't go tomorrow for lunch. Wohoo!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 6:00am

We're going to IKEA. Woohoo! lol

We normally have dinner with my ILs on Sundays, but they will be at their summer home this weekend, so we've got a whole weekend as just us, and no one is sick. First time I can say that all year!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 8:17am
Well it sounds fun overall and maybe you'll find your German is doing better.
We're taking Finn to my mil's some time today; I have to call her in a few hours to set up when to bring him. Then we have my partner's employee appreciate dinner to go to. I'll get Finn back in the morning some time. Saturday should mostly should be relaxing, unless we get our hands on boxes... then I'll be packing
oh speaking on which (since I haven't been on here as much)... we're buying a house. We'll be closing in 3 weeks.
Sunday is service at UU... a hot topics discussion on ethical eating, followed by helping in the youth group room, followed by the social justice committee meeting (me being one of the co-chairs of said committee).

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 8:59pm
Congrats on the house!

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 9:01pm
I am working tomorrow.

Sarah...mommy to Janessa and Julian

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 3:08am
congrats on the house!

"Photo courtesy Photos8.com"

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 8:08pm

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 8:02am

Congrats on the house!

What exactly is ethical eating if you don't mind answering. LOL.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 8:23am
it's a very wide topic. Things like organic farming, vegetarianism, local eating, food reclamation

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 4:27am

Interesting! I have been eating more organic fruits and veggies since I have been here. And all the baby food I try to get I make sure it is organic...or try to. I don't think there should be additives in baby food! I couldn't give up meat, I totally give you props for that. So what kind of fruits and veggies are the farmer producing these days. I think I remember you saying something about a cooperative. I hope I got that word right...That is the one thing I like about this area, most of the things you can buy in the little outdoor market are from this area.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 12:16pm
It's off season for that CSA I was involved in. Not sure I'll do it again... he grew a few things, like kohlrabi, that I just couldn't figure out. I'll have to decide closer to growing season. aww thanks... well vegetarianism does take a commitment, but even cutting down on how meat one eats help the environment. Yup, we don't have those little markets like you do in Germany, but at least there's the farmers' market on Wednesdays and Saturdays

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Pages