Valentine's Day

iVillage Member
Valentine's Day
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 8:09am

What do you or your family do to celebrate Valentine's day. That is if you celebrate it or recognize it.

My DH and I don't really celebrate it. It is not so big here in Germany, and my DH thinks it is a sham. If you love someone you show them throughout the year not just on one specified day. So I randomly get roses from him. I buy him little cards every once in awhile with cute little notes on them.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 8:22am
we don't do anything for Valentine's Day. We joke about all the chocolate before it, but I prefer imported German chocolate to the cheap stuff that tends to come in those heart-shaped boxes anyway.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 8:27am
We're going to have a candlelit dinner of my super awesome homemade burgers and fries. DH's birthday is a week after, and then mine is two weeks after that. We tend to go bigger for birthdays and not so much for V-day.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 3:48pm

Hello all!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-11-2009 - 5:35am

Welcome to the Board!!!

Wow, he sounds super romantic! I don't know if my DH will do anything special on Saturday, so I have to wait and see. I doubt it since he does stuff during the rest of the year. I have been giving him cute little romantic postcards every 2 weeks for the last month. I got roses in January...It is so nice that he is not only romantic on Valentines day but also throughout the year.

Photobucket