Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell

iVillage Member
Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell
Tue, 10-11-2005 - 2:03am

I read Trading Up at the beginning of this year, which is actually the sequel to Four Blondes. The book is written in four different sections, each one focusing on a blonde woman living in New York Society. It began with Janie Wilcox, the Victoria's Secret model who appears in Trading Up.

After that, it went downhill. Next there was a writer married to another writer and their boring upper-class lives. Then it centered on a mentally ill, strung out American woman married to the Prince of Luxenstein. She's supposed to be some whacked-out Princess Di/Anna Nicole Smith type and I found her to be annoying and creepy.

Finally, there's a woman going to England to write about American women looking for romance in the U.K. I thought the insights into the British social scene would be fascinating, but there were just a few drab comments about sex and such. And then she meets a guy on the plane back or something.

Overall, it held my attention but I wasn't overly impressed.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2005 - 10:51am

I read Trading Up and was very disappointed. I'm still amazed that the tv show Sex and the City turned out so good since her books aren't *grins*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2005 - 11:25am

LOL!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2005 - 10:17am
I knew I'd seen this title somewhere. This book was for sale, used, on a table outside a store Friday. I guess I'm glad I didn't get it.
Katz

Follow me to

Katz